If you're an atheist you better be smart

Daps
Here's a common flaw with arguments like this. Your proof of God not existing is because something supernatural is said to have happen. So God can create the universe/universes and all the laws of physics that apply to them but couldn't put animals in a boat and have them survive for 40 days?

I believe there is a higher power and creator, I just dont believe the bible :yeshrug:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there any proof to this, or is this some throwaway comment that you've made without any merit?
Okay let's see that source:francis:

Survey: Atheists, Agnostics Know More About Religion Than Religious
Atheists, agnostics most knowledgeable about religion, survey says
Atheists, Agnostics Most Knowledgeable About Religion Than Believers, Survey Finds

i don't know why its any surprise. quickest way to turn a christian into an atheist is having him read the bible

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most atheists I know don't have a basic understanding of science or religion and yet act like experts on both.

If you think you're intellectually above believing in an intelligent creator then you better know what you believe in.

The universe had a beginning and time space and matter didn't always exist. What ever created it or triggered its expansion had to exist independentally from time space and matter to do it and that sound like a lot of descriptions of God to me :yeshrug:
Aliens

:blessed:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps

You should have gone to the direct source of the survey, rather than the agenda-driven articles.

On questions about Christianity – including a battery of questions about the Bible – Mormons (7.9 out of 12 right on average) and white evangelical Protestants (7.3 correct on average) show the highest levels of knowledge. Jews and atheists/agnostics stand out for their knowledge of other world religions, including Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Judaism; out of 11 such questions on the survey, Jews answer 7.9 correctly (nearly three better than the national average) and atheists/agnostics answer 7.5 correctly (2.5 better than the national average).

U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Here's a common flaw with arguments like this. Your proof of God not existing is because something supernatural is said to have happened. So God can create the universe/universes and all the laws of physics that apply to them but couldn't put animals in a boat and have them survive for 40 days?
:dame:
What athiest are you talking too that has made the assumption that "god created the universe" and "all the laws of physics"? That generally goes against the ideology of athiest , you know, not believing in the idea of a god.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should have gone to the direct source of the survey, rather than the agenda-driven articles.

U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey
religious-knowledge-01.png

what agenda?

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Most atheists I know don't have a basic understanding of science or religion and yet act like experts on both.

If you think you're intellectually above believing in an intelligent creator then you better know what you believe in.

The universe had a beginning and time space and matter didn't always exist. What ever created it or triggered its expansion had to exist independentally from time space and matter to do it and that sound like a lot of descriptions of God to me :yeshrug:

First, you’re assuming that the universe is linear, with a beginning middle and end. There is no reason to make such an assumption. The universe could be eternal.

Second, these types of first cause arguments are inherently contradicting. If everything must have a cause and therefore the universe must have been created by a god then what created the god? And what created that, what created that? You have to follow the chain of causation all the way back you can’t just stop where it’s convenient for your claim.

Even if you believe that the universe was created by someone or thing then where is the proof that this entity is a rational thinking, consciousness that also is a parental figure that cares about you?

Also remember atheists aren’t making the claim; believers are.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
religious-knowledge-01.png

what agenda?

The questions weren't concerning a specific religion. I think this is what you are failing to grasp.

Why is a black protestant expected to correctly answer questions about Islam for instance?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The questions weren't concerning a specific religion. I think this is what you are failing to grasp.

Why is a black protestant expected to correctly answer questions about Islam for instance?
statistically, atheist know more about religion than those who follow it.

i didn't specify religion either, you're the one getting all butthurt :whoa:

but even still, agnostic/atheist still know more about christianity/the bible than black protestants

religious-knowledge-02.png