If you're an atheist you better be smart

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
faith in something you wont even take the time to educate yourself on :jbhmm: faith in something you only believe because our oppressors forced it upon us. :jbhmm:

also, what world do you live in where christians/religious folk don't impose their views on others?

others =/= personally

How does someone worshiping their God in private for instance affect you on a personal level? :jbhmm:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
others =/= personally

How does someone worshiping their God in private for instance affect you on a personal level? :jbhmm:
by advocating for certain social policies based on their religious views. if religion and government were completely separate, i'd have no issue with you loonies.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol so Christians are allowed to be stupid?

I mean it's not like anything has stopped them before.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
by advocating for certain social policies based on their religious views. if religion and government were completely separate, i'd have no issue with you loonies.
I don't base any of my social views on religion. I believe in the separation of Church and State.

You make sweeping generalizations based on religious bigotry and willful ignorance. Ironic how you're the one who lacks understanding. :wow:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
As a former long term believer turned agnostic, I can tell you that I have been mentally free every since making the transition. I don't walk around trying to believe or think about the what ifs. I'm just a free soul.

I got tired of walking in blind faith hoping for an answer from god to show that he is real only to be let down every time. It was mentally draining. I'm not a full blown atheist because there may be a possibility that god exists, however, I need proof. I need the receipts. And I'll be kind enough to supply the receipt paper so the receipts can print.

The one thing I can say is that proverbs does provide good moral values and a good moral basis to live your life. Everything else is Holy Ducktales.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't base any of my social views on religion. I believe in the separation of Church and State.

You make sweeping generalizations based on religious bigotry and willful ignorance. Ironic how you're the one who lacks understanding. :wow:

of course i'm making generalizations, i'm speaking generally. you're personalizing the debate for no reason, other than to get offended. are you denying religion are government are intertwined?

Mrl HiGrnd

All Star
Daps
As a former long term believer turned agnostic, I can tell you that I have been mentally free every since making the transition. I don't walk around trying to believe or think about the what ifs. I'm just a free soul.

I got tired of walking in blind faith hoping for an answer from god to show that he is real only to be let down every time. It was mentally draining. I'm not a full blown atheist because there may be a possibility that god exists, however, I need proof. I need the receipts. And I'll be kind enough to supply the receipt paper so the receipts can print.

The one thing I can say is that proverbs does provide good moral values and a good moral basis to live your life. Everything else is Holy Ducktales.
If God gives you clear proof he exists that destroys the whole point of faith. He wants you to choose to believe in him. I ant choose to believe the sky is yellow if i see its blue. Once you put faith in him and begin to pray and pay more attention to your life youll see that many things around you validate his existence. People only take proof they are willing to accept regardless of its its real proof.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yeah, i can't even imagine what being shackled to religion is like. my parents never tried to push religious views on me, and would often get frustrated at my questions.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
of course i'm making generalizations, i'm speaking generally. you're personalizing the debate for no reason, other than to get offended. are you denying religion are government are intertwined?

I'm actually far from offended.

I'm not personalizing the debate. I'm trying to deconstruct your thought process. How is someone who is worshiping peacefully without imposing their religion on you affecting you directly? You still have not been able to answer that, because your bigotry is by and large illogical from that point of view.

In a broader sense, yes, there is a form of religious morality involved with the Conservative base, but that is used for political purposes ie tapping into their electorate.

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
What makes me a heretic exactly?

I'm assuming that you are black in America, so that would make you baptist which is a form of Protestantism and Protestantism is heresy.

I always get confused why Heretics argue with atheists Because in god's perspective you are both damned to burn in hell for eternity.

Last edited:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I'm assuming that you are black in America, so that would make you baptist which is a form of Protestantism and Protestantism is heresy.

I was get confused why Heretics argue with atheists Because in god's perspective you are both damned to burn in hell for eternity.
I'm Nigerian, and do not adhere to a particular denomination.

You are proving certain people's points in this thread with your sanctimonious attitude.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
As an agnostic I can somewhat agree with that. I do come across atheist who try to push their views on religious people and mock religious people. At the same time I come across religious people who do the same thing. I prefer not to enter any type of debates over religion because nobody is going to change their mind at the end of the day.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm actually far from offended.

I'm not personalizing the debate. I'm trying to deconstruct your thought process. How is someone who is worshiping peacefully without imposing their religion on you affecting you directly? You still have not been able to answer that, because your bigotry is by and large illogical from that point of view.

In a broader sense, yes, there is a form of religious morality involved with the Conservative base, but that is used for political purposes ie tapping into their electorate.

i did answer it:

by advocating for certain social policies based on their religious views (that affect me directly)

and you're right, i am bigoted towards christians/religious folk. i find them ridiculous for putting so much "faith" in something completely unfounded. it's not just conservative base, it's government period. this is still a "christian nation," unfortunately. your beliefs in sky daddy hinders progress in this country.