I'm amazed society has no way to fix HOMELESSNESS

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
doesn't matter if you are in Mumbai, Buenos Ares, Atlanta, humanity has NO way to fix homelessness. How did this happen?:jbhmm:

On another thread someone on the west coast mentioned that most cities(Reno, SF) ignore them, while @SourPowerStraws mentioned that new york puts them in a building AND THEN ignores them. He seemed to be describing high-rise shelters. I hand never thought of it that way.:ohhh:

How is it that we can go to the moon, but we cannot rehabilitate our own? :mjtf:

I understand that the prisons do not fix broken down people, but is there another way? Why can't modern people fix homelessness? Are we just selfish, or is their scientifically no why to fix a broken mind?:patrice:

Please discus....

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
doesn't matter if you are in Mumbai, Buenos Ares, Atlanta, humanity has NO way to fix homelessness. How did this happen?:jbhmm:

On another thread someone on the west coast mentioned that most cities(Reno, SF) ignore them, while @SourPowerStraws mentioned that new york puts them in a building AND THEN ignores them. He seemed to be describing high-rise shelters. I hand never thought of it that way.:ohhh:

How is it that we can go to the moon, but we cannot rehabilitate our own? :mjtf:

I understand that the prisons do not fix broken down people, but is there another way? Why can't modern people fix homelessness? Are we just selfish, or is their scientifically no why to fix a broken mind?:patrice:

Please discus....

Yes there are buildings around that act like homeless shelters but I believe they are for homeless families. The single people have regular in door shelters as well. I only know this because my homegirls sister lived in one before she got an apartment in public housing.

But yea making buildings reserved for homeless families is a good way to get some off the street but good luck because the residents in the community are going to protest about it.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
They can they just don't want to. All it takes is putting funds in social services.
This.
Same with hunger. Same with education. Same with healthcare.

Also, OP the places you mentioned have huge gaps with wealth disparity...when we can take care of poverty and making sure everyone has equal opportunity and access to food, clothing, shelter, education, and healthcare as inalienable human rights...we can get rid of those gaps in income and wealth...even though they will still be there....they won't be as wide.

Unfortunately capitalism doesn't teach us to invest in people and social services. IT has a cruel way of making us indifferent to the struggles of others while making sure we have more than the next person...not even knowing or caring that we could possibly end up in the same situation given a few shaky rolls of the dice.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Please discus....

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@CopiousX btw it’s not just ignoring them. When my friend was homeless she stayed there for a year basically waiting for the shelter to find her an apartment.

They found her one and her first year she lived there rent free and when the rent started coming in her rent was $900 a month and her apartment was nice as fukk.

Told her and begged her to not fukk it up.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Also, look at most American cities. Most new housing developments aren't even mixed income but moreso high end apartments and condos...and I did rental management in Brooklyn for a couple of years. Some of these buildings stay vacant for months cause no moneyed yuppie or hipster wants to live in a hundred thousand dollar condo in the middle of Bed Stuy in the hood across from project building and nobody from that same hood could afford to live in that building.

So there is enough housing for everyone...it's just out of the price range of a large swath of the populus in this country. which is insane.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Also, look at most American cities. Most new housing developments aren't even mixed income but moreso high end apartments and condos...and I did rental management in Brooklyn for a couple of years. Some of these buildings stay vacant for months cause no moneyed yuppie or hipster wants to live in a hundred thousand dollar condo in the middle of Bed Stuy in the hood across from project building and nobody from that same hood could afford to live in that building.

So there is enough housing for everyone...it's just out of the price range of a large swath of the populus in this country. which is insane.

There was a building - luxury they built in East Flatbush by Bobby shmurder hood. I’m assuming they built it too early cause they weren’t filling them in. Who the hell wants to live there?

But they turned into a homeless shelter.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Some people want to be homeless (crazy).
Nobody wants to be homeless. Anybody saying that is lying.

I was homeless in 2015. That shyt sucked. WHo wants that life? Not knowing where you're sleeping at night? Wasting hours of the day bouncing around from burger king to mcdonalds to the park to the coffee shop to whatever bar I could hang out in from 9 to 4 in the morning cause I had nowhere to stay with my backpack on my back? sleeping on the roofs of apartment buildings that you could get into? trying to get stuff for free or next to nothing cause you had no money? Having to pawn your laptop so you could have money to have a place to stay? Making enough money to get that back to find work on to get money to financec an apartment?

Some of y'all think everybody that's homeless is some druggie or mental inefficient...most of the homeless people I met in NYC were people that got kicked out from a living situation that ended up homeless after they lost a job...

This let's me know that Americans really don't know what adversity is....do you think ANYBODY is passing up having a roof over their head? Especially in the rain or snow?
:gucci: