I'm DEADASS About To Join The Reserves (No Way I'm Gonna Be A STATISTIC)

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
I've been gone for two hours :snoop: Went to seven stores today :snoop: They were, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Pets Smart, and dikks.
Why don't you save your time and energy and apply online? Just spend a few hrs everyday and apply to as many places as you can. Even McD accepts online apps, so surely these other jobs would as well

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna look into it breh. Since I'm 22 it's my best shot now. Gonna cut weight and start from there. This is my life that I'm talking about here. Thanks for this info breh. Gonna rep you when I can.
Don't take my word verbatim. There's a lot of factors involver like what unit you join and what job you train for. Some deploy more than others. Personally I would want to minimize the likelihood of deploying. That's just me. :manny:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Why don't you save your time and energy and apply online? Just spend a few hrs everyday and apply to as many places as you can. Even McD accepts online apps, so surely these other jobs would as well
One time, before I joined this site and still in college I did (43 job applications). I got denied by ALL of them. The last to jobs I got hired by paper applications.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Don't take my word verbatim. There's a lot of factors involver like what unit you join and what job you train for. Some deploy more than others. Personally I would want to minimize the likelihood of deploying. That's just me. :manny:
Do I have to fight on the frontlines? Or do they have office work and etc for people like myself? I asked a military guy (Navy) that 3 weeks ago while I was volunteering. He told me, "It depends and it's different for each person".

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Do NOT join the Guard or Reserves unless either A. you can translate military training directly into a civilian job, B. You have fool proof plan for school or C. You plan on doing a mix of both.

Meaning unless you enlist into the various Intel careers, Network, Firefighting, Cybersecurity, Aircraft Maintenance (and only as a Crew Chief or Electrical/Environmental) don't even waste your time.

Majoring in HR is also a dumb move bruh. Ima tell you that right now. You'd be better off joining the reserves for HR then contracting for the gov. Is there a major base near you?

Also don't even think about the Army. Stick to the Air Force. Air Force is literally in dire need of aircraft mechanics in both the active duty world and the guard/reserves.