I'm not Muslim, but there should be some kind of warning for stuff like this

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
There's processed pork in a lot of stuff it seems, gelatin is the most known. I'm not Muslim but I've known this for ages. Also if I'm not mistaken, it's only forbidden for Muslims if they knowingly eat pork. If it's not written in the ingredients and they mistakenly eat some it's not their fault, so they're good.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I’ve had to avoid a lot of candy as kid as a Muslim due to gelatin but there is bovine(cow) gelatin out there used in some food products that I’m allowed to eat.

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Trust me, most muslims already know this and avoid these types of candies.

There are also Halal variants of those kinds of candies that use a substitute for Gelatin.

Last edited:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
not 100% sure but I think that's what gives it the gumminess and I agree that should be known...I saw that on my kids fruit snacks we eat pork though.
It's the collagen from bones that causes it gel. Same with soup or broth when it cools. They use that to make geletin. In theory you could use different animal. The bigger the better but they use pigs

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
If you want to avoid pork, look for the K symbol on the package.
K=kosher

but in this instance, you might want to be concerned about the "WHITE MINERAL OIL" instead of the pork.
I usually find a circle u for pareve products

Ou_kosher.svg