I'm Out My Mind, Yea I'm High Above The Rim [2018 Rockets Season Thread]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I wouldn't say we looked great tonight but i felt great about our team with what i saw.

Melo was damn good. Ennis is as advertised. CP3 hasn't missed a beat. MCW was solid.

The game was hella sloppy in part due to rust and in part because of the refs doing their bullshyt trying to regulate that new no-touch rule.

• Dap
Reactions: DKM

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Basically seems we got used to boost their chances at getting more from desperate teams. They basically still asking for Gordon, Tucker, and a first round pick which Kneemi Butler ain't worth.

Agreed, i'm still not feeling this move. I don't trust Butler's knees and he seems a bit too volatile, esp for a guy who may bounce by season's end.

Gordon's going to be a valuable trade piece next summer if we don't win it all this year

Don_Knock

@DonKnock
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Morey really seemed to be concerned that we were getting torched by Rose and Exum in the playoffs last year and he brought in alot of athleticism.

Easy to see how a guy like MCW will come in handy against speedy guards in other team's second units, especially when it doesn't burn you to have a non-shooter out there against a team like OKC or Utah.

His minutes may not be very high in a Warriors series, but he is critical depth to have for situational play.

... But if dude could ever figure out how to hit a 3:ohlawd:

Don_Knock

@DonKnock
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No reason to give up good pieces for Jimmy tbh

Apparently a Wolves scout was at the Rockets game last night.

If we could fleece them off the strength of Bruno Cabocolo's game last night for something like:

Gordon
Nene
Cabocolo
1st

While also facilitating Dieng to the Kings cap space, I think I would do it.

Gordon AND Tucker is too much, but Gordon is not going to sign an extension with us so his contract is going to jump significantly in 2 years and there were rumors going around after the WCF that he would welcome a trade for a bigger role somewhere else; especially if the Rockets are going to pay him.

That said, if we don't trade him he is still an amazing fit for our team and it's not a catastrophic miss on Butler. Our new depth looks like its going to be good and I think Morey made some good calculated gambles on guys coming from bad organizations (kinda the way we did with Gordon tbh).