Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
I'm beginning to think college is a joke.
:martin:
I mean unless you're going for science, math, or medicine do you really need college. Right now I'm in school for communications so I can direct commercials, ad campaigns, artsy creative stuff. But I already made connections and did commercials w/o college so what's the point?
:mjcry:

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
I mean unless you're going for science, math, or medicine do you really need college. Right now I'm in school for communications so I can direct commercials, ad campaigns, artsy creative stuff. But I already made connections and did commercials w/o college so what's the point?
In retrospect of the present day U.S. market which is entirely situated on educational attainments, it technically is revelant to receive a college degree in order to move up the economic latter. But what the university system does not inform you of is the fact that when you graduate youre value will parallel everyone else's in spite of your degree. This is a highly competitive job market where many are going into a field completely irrelevant to what they majored in. The job expectations in this country are rising while the wages are remaining stagnant. The degree you earn will be the bare minimum and will not be enough to impress the hiring managers who are interviewing hundreds of other degree holding candidates as well. You're going to either have to build connections or go back and earn a Masters because otherwise you will not stand out amongst the millions of other grads who were also duped into thinking that their B.A. from an upscale private university was going to charm companies and corporations into hiring them when in reality the market is very vicious and vying and demands much more than a degree and GPA.

全能の神

《《》》
Daps
Its relevant depending on what you plan on doing. But I would recommend everyone get at least an associates

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Cant be on the fence about school or you'll be trappedin debt.

Either go into college with a plan and go full speed or do whatever else and avoid it.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yes breh, most nice jobs dont even look at your resume unless you have a bachelors degree.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn

People keep trying to make this point and it's so obviously wrong

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if u get a free ride, its not a joke. u can actually use it and better ur life with it. the problem is most people graduate college with a fukkton of loans and then, they're expected to find a job, and start paying it off, along with other additional new debt they will obtain...i.e. car loan, house loan, etc.

so in essence, if ur parents arent wise and they dont open ur eyes early on to how life works, u will end up in a position where u have to work till they day u die...which is not way to live.

Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
Man all true. School is the new wave of business seems like anybody and everybody is opening up a college.
Experience> book learning

It seems like a pissing contest to show everyone that everyone in their clique has certs that some most of the time means nothing...

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
this bamma in school to get a communications degree
oDD4g.gif

Rekorb

Banned
Daps

Anything liberal arts related school is pretty useless. School gives the unimaginative and the mediocre person a piece a paper so they don't have to prove themselves. Don't have deal in a such a hostile environment, a degree pushes them to the front of the line.

At this point school is only necessary for STEM and MBA.

Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
People keep trying to make this point and it's so obviously wrong

How so? If you go college for art why be in debt when you are literally taught that art is subjective. You have to conform to the styles and form of each teacher. You can gain a following on social media.
There's no absolute formula in any creative field.