Is existence a prison?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Weird timing of this thread considering I just started reading this: Primordial Gnosis: The Forbidden Religion

But yeah I do. I think it extends beyond a social prison and extends to the physical and metaphysical.

Really a lot of things are out of your control your genes play a large part in how your life will be shaped and how you will interact with others and how others will interact with you. Looks, raw intelligence, demeanor, tenancies, diseases; while all these can be shaped by environment too, the base for most of it is out of your control.

Even metaphysically you can try all you like to desperately will something to happen and it won't work, to try and deny the current reality for a better one and it won't budge.

The universe even has an apparent speed limit (light speed).

I can now sympathize with why people drink and do drugs, despite me not touching either.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Yep. Dudes in here talking about society :mjlol:
EXISTENCE itself is a prison. As a human being you're nothing more than a complex natural made machine.
You're coded to react a certain way to certain stimuli and then breed. You have no free will or original thought that wasn't implanted in you by your genetics and or environment. And it's impossible to escape it if existence is absolute. A higher consciousness might be able to escape it. but even then that is just a theory.
This guy almost has it right

But the real ones will see the truth

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
"There is no opponent."

The self is an illusion, we are all simply extensions of the Earth upon which we blossom. Bruce is referring to letting go of ego and a sense of self, to become hollow and to understand that he is nothing, merely atoms animated in cadence by a code in his DNA. The walls are extensions of your flesh, your lungs turn the air outside your body into the air inside your body, your weapon is an extension of your arms, you become one with your environment and the absurd idea of personal identity evaporates, giving you supernatural awareness as you mold with your environment, including your opponent.

At it's very core, we're all just a big ass sea of atoms inside of a sea of atoms. Atoms interacting with other atoms.

Whether existence is a prison or a way to experience gratitude is your choice of perspective. Be mindful of your perspective by being mindful of your focus.

Proof of this? I've seen brehs here get completely pissed and argue for days with each other in a thread about beautiful women..

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are free but prepare to be an outcast if you go against the grain. A lot of restrictions we set upon ourselves comes from fear. We care about what other people think because we don't want to be teased, rejected and etc. That's when you have to say fukk it and do what works best for you.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Yep. Dudes in here talking about society :mjlol:
EXISTENCE itself is a prison. As a human being you're nothing more than a complex natural made machine.
You're coded to react a certain way to certain stimuli and then breed. You have no free will or original thought that wasn't implanted in you by your genetics and or environment. And it's impossible to escape it if existence is absolute. A higher consciousness might be able to escape it. but even then that is just a theory.
What about death? Do you still exist if you're not conscious?

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
This is the Realm of the Fallen Angels in the Bible... or the Souls that became Evil in Spirit & must correct their Karma life after life until it's Corrected. Then the return to the Spirit Realm or "Heaven" is EARNED.

Keep believing in an External Force that makes you do bad things... lacking accountability is the Ego or "Inner Devil"'s favorite thing to do. It sees only what it desires.

No. Your Actions & Consequences are your own... & understanding that Reincarnation is TRUTH is the first step to understanding WHY you are here now. Expand your Consciousness beyond the level of the Animal & return to your rightful place among the Eternal.

You grow to Heaven, you don't go there...

Last edited:

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Society is a prison of the mind, soul, and body sometimes. Which is why people find liberation through art, music, and culture.

Art, music, and "culture" are elements of society...the very same prison we say we are trying to escape from:jbhmm:

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Yeah, but it doesn't have to be.

You're imprisoned by your bills, your job, the risk of homelessness and starvation etc

I think that could change in the future
Automation has the potential to end humanity's requirement to work