Is Iowa a good example of how a football program should be run?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:patrice:Think about it

-They have a good fanbase who have realistic expectations & always support the team

-Their yearly recruiting class consists of one/two star white boys from the Great Plains & a couple of 2/3 star skill position nikkas they can sneak from outta state

-AND they're ALWAYS finishing ranked and playing in a good bowl game

What is their secret?:mindblown:

Is the coaching staff THAT good at developing raw talent?

Is Kirk Ferentz THAT good at coaching that he gets the most out of limited ability?

Is their strength and conditioning program that elite that it turns undeveloped nobodies into speedy, powerful top notch athletes?

Are the players they recruit really better than advertised & no one notices because they're from small states?

How are they doing this? :mindblown:
They should be on the level of Colorado State or New Mexico or something

Hugo Floss

Weaponize your Idea
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Babylon Collapse
Playing juggernaut powerhouses Purdue,Indiana,Illinois,Rutgers,Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota and catching PennSt, Mich.St sleeping looking fwd to OSU...don't hurt neetha

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Iowa got their blueprint from Wisconsin. Big Farmboys on the o-line, game manager at qb, reliable sure-handed recievers, stud running back from Jersey. Defense full of nobodys and who the hells who develop into menaces somehow. Every single year.

This and pretty much a combination of all the things you listed OP. Their athletic director just gets it.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
:lupe: Enlighten me. This thread is about discussion.

Wisconsin gets a lot of good players from outta state

Yes Wisconsin gets players out of state but some are "athletically challenged" aka white. They've been running the same formula for the past 20 years, no matter what coach.

They're gonna have a game manager at QB (Russ being the exception), and beast RB, and a hard nosed defense.

That formula has gotten them success out of conference as they've been able to beat the likes of LSU, Miami, and USC.

Barry Alvarez lowkey laid out the blueprint to programs that can't get the athletes like Alabama or Ohio State.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Clearly Wisconsin. I would even go as far to say, outside of Ohio State, they're the only CONSISTENTLY good team in the Big 10. Even Michigan has had some very up & down Seasons the last decade & Nebraska has damn near turned into a doormat in Conference. Every other team in the Conference has their run here & there but I cannot remember the last time Wisconsin had 2 bad seasons in a row. 1989? I'm not even sure.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i don't think wisconsin fans would tolerate some of iowa's seasons under kirk farentz so they don't fit OP's realistic fanbase requirement. wiscy has high expectations and rightfully so.