Is Iowa a good example of how a football program should be run?

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
From competing in the big 10 in college I can tell u that Wisconsin has a damn good collegiate football factory between there d1- d3 schools. Also, 90% of Wisconsin lineman come from Wisconsin... trust me, I've asked those cheese heads

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Not really how many seasons was ferentz just like 6-8 wins then he'd suddenly pull out 10-11 wins on the hot seat
This. Then add on that he's the highest paid state employee and really hasn't accomplished much as far as consistent success. He'll have the occasional 10 win season and follow it up with some 5-8 win seasons. Lots of Iowa fans have wanted him gone since '12 cause for some reason, whenever the Chiefs job becomes available, hes number one on their list and in turn, the school will give him a pay bump along with his assistant's. Hes been filling his and his families coffers off tax payers money for years (his son is an OC that wouldn't get hired anywhere and I think his son in law is the director of recruiting or assistant AD. I know @Walt has spoken on this before and could give more insight.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Kansas State is another program that has perfected that model. Maybe the only difference is that they recruit Jucos heavily.
Ron Prince tried to buck that model and they axed him after 3 seasons. Whoever takes Snyder's place will fall victim to the same thing. It's not sustainable and you can catch lightning in a bottle for a few years but nothing long term. Probably why there's infighting between the KState admins and the Snyder family right now

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
K State.
Iowa - not as good as Wisconsin, but it's Iowa. :yeshrug: Farenz has been up there for a while.

Wisconsin is probably at the top. (Their basketball program when they were under Bo Ryan too. :whoo:)

Don't forget Stanford and what David Shaw is doing. :usure:

Michigan St. would be in that category but given what was revealed recently. :merchant:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Had a friend that played for ferentz, he barely ever played and ended up having a heart condition at the end of his career.

Ferentz showed up to everyone of my friends dr appointments. :wow:

That's crazy man...says a lot about that man's character right there.

When I blew out my knee (after they put me back on the field too early the first time) I'm pretty sure my coach immediately forgot I existed. :russ:

Didn't even send a card or make a phone call after I got out of surgery or anything. :martin:

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still wonder of Nebraska should have tried to follow the model with their new coaching hire. I know that Frost is a very good coach, but will he be able to get the athletes to accomplish what is expected of him? I think he would have been a beast at Florida, but I’m not sure if he will do great things at Nebraska :patrice: