Is it forbidden in the wrestling industry to use the words "Real" & "Fake"?

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You hardly ever hear it. In podcasts, in YouTube interviews, a lot of wrestling dorks on the internet, & I take it it's like that backstage too.

So let's say if Angelo Dawkins gets into it with somebody does he have to say "I'm a shoot nıgga fam, keep that work shıt from round me."?

Or do Jimmy Uso say to Jay "Cardi B got a work ass but she can get that work, Uce."

Is it a rule that they aren't to use those words?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
take your ass to a local medical facility. make sure you bring your championship title. we'll see you at the showcase of the immortals or possibly the one night of the year when raw & smackdown battle for brand supremacy. for only $9.99. do you even sports entertain?
tenor.gif

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Funny how upset they get about it, wrestling is fake lol, it's not really a big deal, it just is.

From their perspective, the word fake sounds like you're trying to erase the fact that they get injured and bumps actually hurt. Pre-determined and scripted both amount to the same thing but doesn't offend most wrestlers.

Pretty much it's semantics and wrestlers or fans getting defensive since wrestlers and fans are so used to defending it.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
From their perspective, the word fake sounds like you're trying to erase the fact that they get injured and bumps actually hurt. Pre-determined and scripted both amount to the same thing but doesn't offend most wrestlers.

Pretty much it's semantics and wrestlers or fans getting defensive since wrestlers and fans are so used to defending it.
Yea, my mom used to say that she thought they were the best athletes in the world and tbh, I agree

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps

I get it but it's fake and they're being sensitive over it

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There was somewhat a commercial about this