Is it pointless for an direct Black African to do a DNA test?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I want to do one myself one day but judging from all the all the other West Africans who did these tests, they seem kind of obvious.

Last edited:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
It's not totally useless, the more people contribute to the database the more accurate the results will be
That depends on how much they actually update the database in that specific group tho.

I highly doubt they’d start looking within African group populations for subsections since it’s not that profitable. It’s all pop science anyways. Doesn’t really tell you shyt. And all those 1% Japanese or Italian people look for are literally false positives - the company knows that they’re doing :ufdup:

Take the same test twice under a different name and see that shyt change :mjpls:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
That depends on how much they actually update the database in that specific group tho.

I highly doubt they’d start looking within African group populations for subsections since it’s not that profitable. It’s all pop science anyways. Doesn’t really tell you shyt. And all those 1% Japanese or Italian people look for are literally false positives - the company knows that they’re doing :ufdup:

Take the same test twice under a different name and see that shyt change :mjpls:
I don't think it's complete bs since most DNA test results match up with the history of the person taking it.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I don't think it's complete bs since most DNA test results match up with the history of the person taking it.
EDIT:
Geneticists agree that it’s not complete bs, but not much beyond that. But at the same time, it won’t really tell you anything most people don’t already know.

How Accurate Are Online DNA Tests?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would never get a DNA test personally.

Not paying someone money and having my DNA in a database just for them to tell me something I already know :skip:
And what is it you already know? :mjpls:
How much European in your blood? :mjpls:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not all parts of Africa are the same so there might be some value in doing it. I'd hazard a guess that someone from Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde and South Africa would get different results to those in the OP

but ultimately, often times these dna tests come off as people wanting to know how much of a cac or exotical they are. which is type weird to me

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
A whole bunch of people think I'm Kenyan, so maybe to see if I got Kenyan/east african somewhere in my family tree