Is it possible to start a tech company without knowing anything about programming?

shadowking

All Star
Daps
I hear that. I'm trying to get something kicked off before summer of next year. Hopefully by spring.

This is good information. Appreciate it!

Trust me breh start tonight. I'm not saying the company itself but at least the project.
The funny thing about the project is you can start it with a notebook. Just commit a time every day to actually contribute to that project. You'll be shocked when it becomes a habit like the gym.

I'm working on a specific project currently with an old classmate.
He literally used to come to my house and we just talk shop until he had an idea and I legitimately just priced it in my head(clients, subcontractors, logistics) and we decided to do it.

We are farther than we expected and we have actually shown people designs and gotten feedback(+ve and -ve)

Initial idea check
Rough sketch check
Customers discussion check (always)
Online research check
Manufacturers pricing check
App page designs check
Product sketch check
Financial model check

3d printout not yet
Retail outlet meetings not yet
Cargo companies from shenzhen not yet

There's a 99% chance we won't make it but who cares...The process is what counts and it could lead you to network with new people and create even better ideas in the future.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Trust me breh start tonight. I'm not saying the company itself but at least the project.
The funny thing about the project is you can start it with a notebook. Just commit a time every day to actually contribute to that project. You'll be shocked when it becomes a habit like the gym.

I'm working on a specific project currently with an old classmate.
He literally used to come to my house and we just talk shop until he had an idea and I legitimately just priced it in my head(clients, subcontractors, logistics) and we decided to do it.

We are farther than we expected and we have actually shown people designs and gotten feedback(+ve and -ve)

Initial idea check
Rough sketch check
Customers discussion check (always)
Online research check
Manufacturers pricing check
App page designs check
Product sketch check
Financial model check

3d printout not yet
Retail outlet meetings not yet
Cargo companies from shenzhen not yet

There's a 99% chance we won't make it but who cares...The process is what counts and it could lead you to network with new people and create even better ideas in the future.

:salute:

You a EE, breh?

shadowking

All Star
Daps
:salute:

You a EE, breh?

:pachaha:no that's the funny part.

I went in with no experience of it. I promise to tag you when I finish and I'll mail you a report.

I asked a lot of questions not caring if it made me look dumb. Friend liked that anyway. Met EEs who are upset they didn't think of it and even if they did, they don't have our market model.

The actual product is usually less than 20% of the successful enterprise. The execution around delivery is key :whew:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

I went in with no experience of it. I promise to tag you when I finish and I'll mail you a report.

I asked a lot of questions not caring if it made me look dumb. Friend liked that anyway. Met EEs who are upset they didn't think of it and even if they did, they don't have our market model.

The actual product is usually less than 20% of the successful enterprise. The execution around delivery is key :whew:

I asked because I only know EEs who write postive/negative like that!

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Any good books you'd recommend?

shadowking

All Star
Daps

Website coming.
3d printing done...original 2 was a crapshooot leading to a redesign and now it's better at least asthetically and functionally
Product redesign sketch was :wow:

Shocked myself. Sketched it in 15mins
Sent it to the designer who made it in 3d design.

Alpha test viewers were:ohhh:
So now website in a week and I'll update