Is it safe to say Pusha T has now surpassed Jadakiss?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Jada has a lot referencing dope but I've never thought of him as a coke rapper in the same way Push is. Honestly I've never made that mental comparison before.

I think they're very different types of rappers actually.

I don't think Jada has put together a project as cohesive as Daytona...and I think Jadakiss has one of the most disappointing discographies in hip-hop story compared to his talent...but to be fair, Daytona is also only 7 joints.

I'm just enjoying this moment right now.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I always said needs a good executive producer for his album's ...he needs direction
He really does. A Jadakiss project with a producer like Just Blaze or Alchemist at the helm would be great.

I've always gotten the feeling that he tries too hard to be his own chef.

His first album is the perfect example. It's like he said "Okay, I'll take a street joint, a posse joint, a girlie joint, a club record, a crossover record, a Lox joint, an anthem, introspective joint, etc." and threw it all together.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Jada is basically a battle rapper who tried to crossover, but chose to be lowkey. that's why he isn't as successful as most. to say he doesn't have an impact is crazy. there's a reason why most don't test him on a lyrical one on one.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
He really does. A Jadakiss project with a producer like Just Blaze or Alchemist at the helm would be great.

I've always gotten the feeling that he tries too hard to be his own chef.

His first album is the perfect example. It's like he said "Okay, I'll take a street joint, a posse joint, a girlie joint, a club record, a crossover record, a Lox joint, an anthem, introspective joint, etc." and threw it all together.
Exactly

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Pusha's the better lyricist to me...and I'm an NY dude...:yeshrug:
Imo jadakiss is more like...setting you up for the big overhand right. Pusha is more like throwing small shots throughout the round.

Pusha is more of a coded lyricist and jada is more straightforward.

I can respect this opinion for sure.