Is mainstream boxing ever going to make a comeback or is it on its death bed ?

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
brehs I'm making this thread because I love watching boxing, but it's popularity and media attention has fallen off a cliff imo, excluding Mayweather, Manny and a handful of others

I remember back in the day there was Pernel Whitaker(rip), Chavez, De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, Roy Jones, Fernando Vargas, Zab Judah, Shane Mosely, Vernon Forrest, Prince Naseem Hamed, and I fully acknowledge I left out a gang of others cuz I can't remember all of em, but you get the point.

I used to love HBO Boxing After Dark, HBO Championship Boxing and dope ppv, along with Showtime as well but I didn't have Showtime.

Has MMA buried boxing, did too many belts and politics ruin boxing, is it simply not getting the same attention and promotion of MMA.

:whoa:

don't get me wrong I have nothing against MMA, I just prefer the sweet science of throwing those hands, I like how precise boxing is and the knockouts just look more clean in my personal opinion. And the matches are way longer in boxing too.

So what do my Coli brehs think about the current state of boxing and it's future, I'm open too all answers and input, not looking for any arguements or anything, just want to know what yall think.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
no offense but imo it's not nearly what it used to be :mjlol:

do you still watch boxing, if so where
Boxing is dope right now breh
Even the heavyweight division is nice
Joshua and tyson about to fight

Also
  1. Canelo Alvarez.
  2. Terence Crawford. ...
  3. Naoya Inoue. ...
  4. Errol Spence Jr. ...
  5. Tyson Fury. ...
  6. Teofimo Lopez. ...
  7. Oleksandr Usyk. ...
  8. Vasiliy Lomachenko. ...

Just sucks that HBO is dead

I hate DAZAN crap

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Mayweather thrived but his way of doing business set the sport back a lot, and a lot of boxers started trying to be Mayweather and do things the way he did.

The sport is starting to bounce back a little but we have to wait for the pandemic to clear and then we'll start to see it make a comeback. I don't think MMA has affected it as much as people think.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Boxing will always be great and fine for the diehard fans.

But to casuals and to average people. It’s donezo.

Barring major big time event type fights.... no one cares unfortunately (again not referring to the diehards, the Max Kellermens of the coli)

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
VT6sHEQB_q2mebNFlY3MV9ne0MqOktbMsOYH-pvjBsbY_L4mXeZ4Esarm3yW7H2YISOXe3AkV4lDPnFYZxMUmhTTLlgIqOJtBulBnX6G13lrOqzun_RU7xrIow

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Boxing is dope right now breh
Even the heavyweight division is nice
Joshua and tyson about to fight

Also
  1. Canelo Alvarez.
  2. Terence Crawford. ...
  3. Naoya Inoue. ...
  4. Errol Spence Jr. ...
  5. Tyson Fury. ...
  6. Teofimo Lopez. ...
  7. Oleksandr Usyk. ...
  8. Vasiliy Lomachenko. ...

Just sucks that HBO is dead

I hate DAZAN crap

where do you watch these fights right now aside from ppv ?
I know ESPN or ESPN 2 used to have Friday Night Fights or something where you could watch nice up and coming talent

but I haven't had ESPN in like 2 years