is straight outta compton the greatest hip hop album of all time?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
think about the context of those songs on that album and how much they still speak to us today
then you think about the group members; eazy (the voice and image), dr. dre (arguably the greatest hip hop producer), ice cube, (lead writer/ghost writer and 1 of the greatest mcs of all time), mc ren (co lead and and underrated mc), dj yella (co producer), the d.o.c. (goat ghostwriter and an unsung act) and arabian prince (background mc/co producer)
i often hear some people complain about the production of the album nowadays, but i think it still works

it's all subjective at the end of the day, but i'm just curious to know what y'all think? :jbhmm:

la-et-ms-nwa-compton-essay-20150905

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
When I hit play in the backseat of my moms stay in wagon in headphones, I'd never been more thrilled in life ever. It was surreal. NWA was the perfect act for the times.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I can't say it's the greatest, to me that's doggystyle, best dre production ever

but it is one of the most influential albums ever

Stoney Shakur

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Where the pretty girls are born
think about the context of those songs on that album and how much they still speak to us today
then you think about the group members; eazy (the voice and image), dr. dre (arguably the greatest hip hop producer), ice cube, (lead writer/ghost writer and 1 of the greatest mcs of all time), mc ren (co lead and and underrated mc), dj yella (co producer), the d.o.c. (goat ghostwriter and an unsung act) and arabian prince (background mc/co producer)
i often hear some people complain about the production of the album nowadays, but i think it still works

it's all subjective at the end of the day, but i'm just curious to know what y'all think? :jbhmm:

la-et-ms-nwa-compton-essay-20150905

No but eazy e was fine