Is there a better option than blindly down balloting?

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont vote or just write in anybody who you think is a worthy candidate even if it's your dog, cat, cartoon character, family member, yourself and etc. Theres nothing wrong with that. Dont let ignorant people and operatives/agents shame you from doing what's true to you.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:jbhmm:

But wait. No one can "kick you out of the group" because Yvette and Tone don't have that sort of power, position, or sway. All the #ADOS groups are independent and locally based. They set their own agendas, methods, and strategies. Regardless of @Asicz says, he has even less say on who's in or out than they do.

@xoxodede @HarlemHottie is my understanding of this wrong?
No what I’m saying is that you will never see me bashing Tone or Yvette or putting them down, or talk about any posters who adopt their beliefs bc I respect a lot of people on here for their stance offline and on. But every time I look, there’s nothing but hate, vitriol, seperation for anyone who’s not down for them 100 when we all talk. We were fine last week in working toward common goals. So how can we be part of something that they don’t want us to be part of? I would never disparage their feelings bc of what’s coming off YouTube but there’s no hesitation when it’s the other way. That’s being exclusive not inclusive.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Yes

Friends of Israel
Jews made up less than three per cent of the American population, concentrated in nine states, and they voted overwhelmingly Democratic. How could AIPAC, with such a small base, become a political force in both parties and in every state?

Dine launched a grass-roots campaign, sending young staff members around the country to search for Jews in states where there were few. In Lubbock, Texas, for instance, they found nine who were willing to meet—a tiny group who cared deeply about Israel but never thought that they could play a political role. The lobby created four hundred and thirty-five “congressional caucuses,” groups of activists who would meet with their member of Congress to talk about the pro-Israel agenda.

Dine decided that “if you wanted to have influence you had to be a fund-raiser.” Despite its name, AIPAC is not a political-action committee, and therefore cannot contribute to campaigns. But in the eighties, as campaign-finance laws changed and PACs proliferated, AIPAC helped form pro-Israel PACs. By the end of the decade, there were dozens. Most had generic-sounding names, like Heartland Political Action Committee, and they formed a loose constellation around AIPAC. Though there was no formal relationship, in many cases the leader was an AIPAC member, and as the PACs raised funds they looked to the broader organization for direction.

Members’ contributions were often bundled. “AIPAC will select some dentist in Boise, say, to be the bundler,” a former longtime AIPAC member said. “They tell people in New York and other cities to send their five-thousand-dollar checks to him. But AIPAC has to teach people discipline—because all those people who are giving five thousand dollars would ordinarily want recognition. The purpose is to make the dentist into a big shot—he’s the one who has all this money to give to the congressman’s campaign.” AIPAC representatives tried to match each member of Congress with a contact who shared the congressman’s interests. If a member of Congress rode a Harley-Davidson, AIPAC found a contact who did, too. The goal was to develop people who could get a member of Congress on the phone at a moment’s notice.

That persistence and persuasion paid off. Howard Berman, a former congressman from California, recalled that Bubba Mitchell became friends with Sonny Callahan, a fellow-resident of Mobile, Alabama, when Callahan ran for Congress in 1984. Eventually, Callahan became chairman of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Foreign Operations. “Sonny had always been against foreign aid,” Berman said. “Then he voted for it!”

I believe that Bob Johnson and another guy was starting a PAC a year or two ago. Lemme see if I can find the links.

EDIT:

As much as I know people don't like Roland Martin, he does do good interviews. This is one of them.

At around 4:24 he talks about Clinton not listening to black people and losing the Great Lakes states.

13:20 Bob Johnson talks about what a PAC should be

Link: https://www.thecoli.com/posts/32133862/

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To OP, I think one error in your logic is that because you don't like the current state of the politics, because you can see that there is a need for change, you are assuming that there are not people who think similarly and are working to make a change in office.
  1. Research the people that are running for office. Like legit go to their website and understand what they are talking about. You can tell me your district and I will personally look it up.
  2. If there are any politicians that you agree with for the most part, figure out how you can get involved and/or what portions of their policy need to be improved.
  3. If there is literally NO ONE that has a decent amount of policy that you agree with, then it is your civic duty to run yourself and become the change you wish to see in the world.
I think what frustrates me about write-in ballots is the idea that if these 'voters' got involved in the electoral process earlier in the game, they would have better candidates to vote for. The people on the ballot are often just a fraction of the people who were initially running. The people that have great policy ideas are often the least funded and don't drum up enough support early on in the process because the voters that would agree with them just assume that everyone is trash and don't do any research

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
To OP, I think one error in your logic is that because you don't like the current state of the politics, because you can see that there is a need for change, you are assuming that there are not people who think similarly and are working to make a change in office.
  1. Research the people that are running for office. Like legit go to their website and understand what they are talking about. You can tell me your district and I will personally look it up.
  2. If there are any politicians that you agree with for the most part, figure out how you can get involved and/or what portions of their policy need to be improved.
  3. If there is literally NO ONE that has a decent amount of policy that you agree with, then it is your civic duty to run yourself and become the change you wish to see in the world.
I think what frustrates me about write-in ballots is the idea that if these 'voters' got involved in the electoral process earlier in the game, they would have better candidates to vote for. The people on the ballot are often just a fraction of the people who were initially running. The people that have great policy ideas are often the least funded and don't drum up enough support early on in the process because the voters that would agree with them just assume that everyone is trash and don't do any research

You make a good point. Hail Mary write-ins aren't the best tactics.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I believe that Bob Johnson and another guy was starting a PAC a year or two ago. Lemme see if I can find the links.

EDIT:

As much as I know people don't like Roland Martin, he does do good interviews. This is one of them.

At around 4:24 he talks about Clinton not listening to black people and losing the Great Lakes states.

13:20 Bob Johnson talks about what a PAC should be

Link: https://www.thecoli.com/posts/32133862/

He's absolutely right, "No permanent friends, no permanent enemies, only permanent interests". :wow:

These politicians are beholden to their funders. Been that way from the jump. They'll shovel all this idealistic, Democratic BS to the masses but when it comes to meaningful legislation you best belief those same masses needs are secondary...

There's a lot of wealth in the AA community. There's no reason folks nation wide can't be compelled to get behind a single PAC in support of a better America for blacks presently and future generations...

We just need a strong leadership that we can rally behind... the rallying is the easy part, but that good leadership :francis: