Is There A Link Between Creativity And Mental Illness?

Is There A Link Between Creativity And Mental Illness?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Awsome thread. I draw and make cartoons, and got hella Bad ADD. Takes everything i got in me to sit there and focus/ process what people are talking about .

To busy creating worlds
:yeshrug:

I wonder How the drugs these artists get affect their mental illness?(we all know the handlers feed it to them)
Thank you for liking the thread.

Sometimes it's hard for me to focus when I'm distracted. It's gotten worse for me in the past few months due to stress. However, when I'm on it aka positive vibes I'm good and can master things.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Breh, most this shyt isn't even a real "illness". It's people that don't look at shyt the same way that society wants to condition them to look at it. I've been called crazy because I refuse to believe certain shyt this society tries to force on me but there isn't anything wrong with me.

Reality is your own perception & people don't always see shyt the same way.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Breh, most this shyt isn't even a real "illness". It's people that don't look at shyt the same way that society wants to condition them to look at it. I've been called crazy because I refuse to believe certain shyt this society tries to force on me but there isn't anything wrong with me.

Reality is your own perception & people don't always see shyt the same way.
Yep! That's it! Came across this many Times lol.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Of course there's a link. Straight heads accept the social programming, color in between the lines and thus lose that connection to the inner child who is the fount of all creativity.

Those that don't are labelled "crazy" and all that comes with it because they don't bleat with the rest of the sheep. Most of the people who have talent/skills in something bypassed the educational brainwashing system and JDGAF anyway and kept on marching to the sound of the drummer in their head and then the fame/recognition came. There are also loads that never did a thing but still have more raw talent than people who are stars in a certain field because they wouldn't/didn't play the famewhore game.

Plus there are levels to this:

If schizophrenia is a Royal Flush then genius is a Straight Flush and so on and so forth till you get to stuff like OCD which is the equivalent of a High Card. It ain't as clear cut as the system (which works via suppressing creativity to induce the consumer mindset as its more profitable that way) would like to have you think as crazy is relative and its all about your perception and definition of reality. Also as was mentioned above there are a lot of pump fakers that want to wear that tag like a badge of honor whereas the real deal don't think they're crazy/different at all because they're just being them and it is what it is.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Look at it kinda like this. 3 brehs working on a track take a break outside & a storm come through.

Breh 1: Man that thunder was booming, Ima sample that.
Breh 2: Nah, that lightning was bright, I'm putting that energy in my verse.
Breh 3: Nah, that wind. We bout to blow em away with this.
Mom's: Come in out the rain, depressing.

White dude inside: Listens to weather channel & says we doing too much.

That storm inspires the illest & most emotional track of the year. White people can't relate like usual. Now something gotta be wrong with us