Issa Rae just secured funding for a new studio

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
One star … no explanation … ok

:yeshrug:

@O.G.B

I don't support or celebrate self-hating bed wenches who denigrate/leech off FBA culture for their own personal gain.

The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl

by Issa Rae (Author)

"I’m awkward—and black. Someone once told me those were the two worst things anyone could be. That someone was right. Where do I start?"

“Educated black women are too high maintenance, high strung and independent—they don’t need men. There is a widening gap between the education of black women and men, which doesn’t leave very many “suitable” suitors. Unfortunately, the higher one’s degree, as a black woman, the lower your chances are of getting married. Add to the con pile the stereotypes of being loud, complicated, and difficult. Black women, your reputation sucks.

"Asian men are also overburdened with racial stereotypes that don’t really work in their favor. Why wouldn’t women want to marry and reproduce with men who are classified as intelligent hard workers? Maybe because Asian men are frequently emasculated in the media, or presented as sexes props, for comedic relief. Oh, if only they could absorb the burden of black male stereotypes (gentalia exaggerations included), maybe their demand would increase. Maybe that would make all the difference. Instead, the plight of Asian mend is nearly the same as that of Black women, except for the fact that their women tend to marry white or “other” far more often. In fact, Asian Americans have the highest rate of intermarriage. Asian men, your reputation sucks too."

This is why I propose that black women and Asian men join forces in love, marriage, and procreation. Educated black women, what better intellectual match for you than an Asian man? And I’m not talking about Filipinos; they’re like the blacks of Asians. I’m talking Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, et cetera.”

“Especially YOU, Chinese men—there is an abundance of you, and you’re not all going to get Chinese women…so why not cross over to the black side? Have you all seen how adorable Blasian babies are? Get with the program.”

Daps
I don't support or celebrate self-hating bed wenches who denigrate/leech off FBA culture for their own personal gain.

by Issa Rae (Author)

"I’m awkward—and black. Someone once told me those were the two worst things anyone could be. That someone was right. Where do I start?"

“Educated black women are too high maintenance, high strung and independent—they don’t need men. There is a widening gap between the education of black women and men, which doesn’t leave very many “suitable” suitors. Unfortunately, the higher one’s degree, as a black woman, the lower your chances are of getting married. Add to the con pile the stereotypes of being loud, complicated, and difficult. Black women, your reputation sucks.

"Asian men are also overburdened with racial stereotypes that don’t really work in their favor. Why wouldn’t women want to marry and reproduce with men who are classified as intelligent hard workers? Maybe because Asian men are frequently emasculated in the media, or presented as sexes props, for comedic relief. Oh, if only they could absorb the burden of black male stereotypes (gentalia exaggerations included), maybe their demand would increase. Maybe that would make all the difference. Instead, the plight of Asian mend is nearly the same as that of Black women, except for the fact that their women tend to marry white or “other” far more often. In fact, Asian Americans have the highest rate of intermarriage. Asian men, your reputation sucks too."

This is why I propose that black women and Asian men join forces in love, marriage, and procreation. Educated black women, what better intellectual match for you than an Asian man? And I’m not talking about Filipinos; they’re like the blacks of Asians. I’m talking Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, et cetera.”

“Especially YOU, Chinese men—there is an abundance of you, and you’re not all going to get Chinese women…so why not cross over to the black side? Have you all seen how adorable Blasian babies are? Get with the program.”

This nikka still lost in that 2016 crowd who refused to watch insecure because it was supposedly a show degrading black men
:russ:

Do yourself a favor and check out how many black people issa put on in front of the screen and behind the scenes, from the stylist, to wardrobe, and even drivers

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

by Issa Rae (Author)

Wait did you watch it?

She was clearly joking - she’s a comedic actor wtf

You know this right??

Plus the show is realistic and it celebrates black men!

And Issa Rae isn’t FBA? Who knew? Who cares?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This nikka still lost in that 2016 crowd who refused to watch insecure because it was supposedly a show degrading black men

Do yourself a favor and check out how many black people issa put on in front of the screen and behind the scenes, from the stylist, to wardrobe, and even drivers
IKR

The Coli

Where second hand sources are more important than first hand sources

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps

Typical c00nsplaining from a known non FBA c00n. 🦝

Issa Rae's former T.V. show doesn't change the host of divisive, off putting comments she wrote in her book, The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl, denigrating Black Men & being a self loathing Black Woman who's confused about Black American culture while being obsessed with seeking/gaining acceptance from whites.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
Wait did you watch it?

You know this right??

Plus the show is realistic and it celebrates black men!

And Issa Rae isn’t FBA? Who knew? Who cares?

More c00ntastic babble

She was clearly joking - she’s a comedic actor wtf

:rudy: Issa Rae's book, The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl, is also a memoir.

"You know this right?" :sas1:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
studio-portrait-mid-adult-asian-businessman-arms-crossed-29838611.jpg
“Black Tea” ☕️ indeed

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I wanna pitch the idea of a show to Issa Rae. About a disabled artist in Shreveport tryna be famous. It can be a dramedy and can be sort of like a bio pic loosely. Would be dope to see a black man journey to art fame. Pretty much. Gon have drugs, sex and tackle themes about black identity growing up in the south plus tackle the education system of HBCUs would be dope. I'm thinking 5 seasons. Or more. I want it to be an epic, that we all grow with the character. From his HS graduation to college to the art scene as a young adult then to fame. I want yall to see the struggle, success and experience what artists geaux through.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

I feel like her and Donald glover is the same type of people, except Donald didn’t release a whole ass book talking about swirling and specifically who black women should date with outside of black men

But I guess it’s cool if they hire black folks

Daps
I feel like her and Donald glover is the same type of people, except Donald didn’t release a whole ass book talking about swirling and specifically who black women should date with outside of black men

But I guess it’s cool if they hire black folks

Issa is actually married to a black man, publicly supports black people and white events, hires and puts on black people from the ground up.

What is does she have to do?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Issa is married to a black man, publicly supports black people and white events, hires and puts on black people from the ground up.

What is does she have to do?
I’m not saying she has to do anything, it’s an observation, they kinda the same type of person

So I expect the energy to be somewhat the same for both