I've Lost 40 Pounds-- Weight Loss Tips to Remember

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
Last year around this time, I was 6'7'' 260...now I'm a cut 220 pounds. My energy level is crazy. The only thing that I miss is the intimidation factor.(the bouncer look) The key to my weight loss...cutting more sodium out of my diet. Your body does not hold on to as much water.

-When grocery shopping, always take a good look at the ingredients list
-Consume as much potassium as possible- it helps reduce sodium
-Don't Avoid eating protein
-No Processed Food-Even those cheap ass chicken nuggets
-Get Your Ass Up Off the Couch
-If You have Just Busted a Nut...Eat some Dried Fruit...Helps Stop You From Overeating to Recover

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Congrats breh, the harder fight will be keeping it off. I went from 217 down to 186, starting eating right, hit the gym 5 days a week, and biked 10 miles almost everyday.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Is the first time you've lost this much weight? You didn't exercise, you just modified your diet? Congratulations you've got a lot of will power. Losing 40lbs is impossible for a lot of people.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Last year around this time, I was 6'7'' 260...now I'm a cut 220 pounds. My energy level is crazy. The only thing that I miss is the intimidation factor.(the bouncer look) The key to my weight loss...cutting more sodium out of my diet. Your body does not hold on to as much water.

-When grocery shopping, always take a good look at the ingredients list
-Consume as much potassium as possible- it helps reduce sodium
-Don't Avoid eating protein
-No Processed Food-Even those cheap ass chicken nuggets
-Get Your Ass Up Off the Couch
-If You have Just Busted a Nut...Eat some Dried Fruit...Helps Stop You From Overeating to Recover

Dried fruits :lupe: :salute:

Get off the couch and do what breh? I already workout regularly

How can I consume more potassium, I don't really eat bananas pause cuz the sugar. And aint no real potassium supps cuz the GOV limits how much potassium can be in something.

BTW I'm not a fat ass, just trying to drop a few pounds cuz I been stress eating.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Losing weight isn't as complex as people make out, it's actually pretty straight forward.

Cut out refined carbs (white rice, bread, pasta etc.)
Give up sugar
No fast food what so ever
Only drink water or freshly squeezed fruit juice (apparently fresh grapefruit juice burns fat)
Bake or grill chicken instead of frying
Eat vegetables and fruit
Go running/do exercise 3 times a week

Do that for 3 months and you'll be straight, I lost around 30 pounds doing that.

Last edited:

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I played ball overseas,,,,when I hurt my knee...I became inactive:flabbynsick:
Lol man. You need to put that in the OP. your body was fit. Muscle memory and conditioning man. There's a theory that states if you get in peak physical condition before 30 your body will be able to get back in shape easier than someone who hasn't because its been there before.

You'll always be an athlete man. If you made it that far it's literally all your body knows. As soon as it felt your brain telling it it's go time it gave you what you wanted. Keep demanding more bro. You might not get back to your playing form, but you're going to be wearing and eating whatever you want again. I suggest yoga, stretching, and resistance bands so you keep your skin from sagging and you'll tone up. It's low impact too. I'd do that for 30-60 minutes. You'll be surprised by how much of a sweat you work up.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Losing weight isn't as complex as people make out, it's actually pretty straight forward.

Cut out refined carbs (white rice, bread, pasta etc.)
Give up sugar
No fast food what so ever

Drink Water
Bake or grill chicken instead of frying
Eat vegetables and fruit
Go running/do exercise 3 times a week

Do that for 3 months and you'll be straight, I lost around 30 pounds doing that.

breh, you know how hard those 3 are? I can give up those things a few days a week, or cut down on them, but to eliminate them is tough. I've done it, but I don't think I can do it again.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I had to lose weight once, it was really essy. All you gotta do is skip a day like eat once monday and dont eat tuesday then eat once wednesday and dont eat thursday. It was really simple and I lost massive weight in 2 months. All it takes is dedication.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
breh, you know how hard those 3 are? I can give up those things a few days a week, or cut down on them, but to eliminate them is tough. I've done it, but I don't think I can do it again.

For me it was difficult the first week or so...but after that I just adjusted and it became part of my routine.

I love meat (pause) so I'd always have chicken or turkey...but just replaced rice with vegetables. You just gotta find substitutes for those things.

If I ever wanted something sweet I would just eat fruit. iF i wanted a sweet drink I'd just juice some fresh fruit. Just about being consistent.