J. Cole Is The Only Real People's Champ

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody fan base on a major is organic totally ......

but cole paid his dues and build a base ...but the machine pushed him into a star tho

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
name them all bruh

And u know like I know drake use to shout out Cole all the time for no reason, Cole never mentioned him at all. And the media and fans use to try and put them against each other.

In the morning for 1
GOMD
You got it
Enchanted

That's off the top of my head

And your post about them not being cool and Stan wars is a bunch of BS

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
In the morning for 1
GOMD
You got it
Enchanted

That's off the top of my head

And your post about them not being cool and Stan wars is a bunch of BS
:upsetfavre: How are any of those songs hits? 2 of them Are mixtape songs and the other one was like a 4 single

I could see if u said "work out" I can't of any other hits like that

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He might not get the most hype or the press, but he's the rapper with the most real, organic fanbase in mainstream popular hip-hop today. More than Drake and Kendrick. Drake has the most hype, sales, and casual fans. Kendrick has the most accolades, awards and acclaim (alot of it bought).

J. Cole however, dropped perhaps the last pure platinum rap album ever. He sold a million off CD sales, not streams and downloads and all that. And he pulled it off with no promo. It's funny, if he had the same machine behind him, he might do 2 or 3 million, but then he'd be someone else.

why do you keep repeating this stupid shyt :mjlol:

You really think Drake hasn't gone plat with pure sales before? BTW Kendrick is about 100k or so away from a pure plat for TPAB so...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:upsetfavre: How are any of those songs hits? 2 of them Are mixtape songs and the other one was like a 4 single

I could see if u said "work out" I can't of any other hits like that
I didn't make the points that they were hits but Cole does bite a lot of hooks and no one calls him out for it

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

You really think Drake hasn't gone plat with pure sales before? BTW Kendrick is about 100k or so away from a pure plat for TPAB so...
So Cole lapped him :ohhh: Kendrick? Kdot album been out over year, but it's still not plat. Why every Cole album has done better than the last.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So Cole lapped him :ohhh: Kendrick? Kdot album been out over year, but it's still not plat. Why every Cole album has done better than the last.

Dunno. Kendrick's first album when plat, Cole's didn't at the time iirc. Cole's second album went plat this year due to the streaming rule change I think.

Cole released a more commercially appealing album (radio play), Kendrick released a jazz rap album. The fact that TPAB is going to go plat with pure streams despite that (and has already plat with streams and has sold well overseas) is impressive to me. Not to mention doing it without a real tour.

Needless to say Kendrick has to go mainstream with the next album, or at least have some radio presence. I'd hate to see him become the next Lupe.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Dunno. Kendrick's first album when plat, Cole's didn't at the time iirc. Cole's second album went plat this year due to the streaming rule change I think.

Cole released a more commercially appealing album (radio play), Kendrick released a jazz rap album. The fact that TPAB is going to go plat with pure streams despite that (and has already plat with streams and has sold well overseas) is impressive to me. Not to mention doing it without a real tour.

Needless to say Kendrick has to go mainstream with the next album, or at least have some radio presence. I'd hate to see him become the next Lupe.
Regardless if he goes mainstream or not, your fanbase should get bigger, not the other way around. And people try and forget Kendrick put out "I" and it's the pushed to the world so hard and it flopped harder. Cole had no songs that was pushed like that. Kendrick album was being promoted for months on months bro. Cole announced his album like 2 weeks ahead of time, only online promo, people were talking bout him flopping hard.

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Show me the link. Either way, it's one of the last 4 or 5. You wanna split hairs over something like that?

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cole stans really have to come up with bs like "peoples champ" just to make themselves feel better about cole always being overshadowed. Sorry but theres a reason for it, he's not a better hit maker than drake, he's not a better rapper or artist than kendrick.

Stop making everything about somebody being a stan. I like Drake's music, in general, better than Cole's. However, he's undoubtedly more organic than those two guys and that's the whole point.