Jack Johnson, beating cac ass, desegregating brothels and marrying pawgs before jim crow had a say, legend :wow:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But at the end of the day y’all are actually Black. You can wake up and decide to fully embrace all of it.

You can turn to your community and choose to foster relationships with other understanding Black individuals.

I cannot do any of that b/c I’m discernibly mixed-race and even racially ambiguous to some ppl. In any space...amongst any group…at any given time…my identity, attribution and allegiance are up for debate whether I’ve endeavoured to make them clear or not.

It’s funny too, cuz right now I’m kinda going thru what feels like the end stage of wiggerism where I’m confronted w/ the reality that I was never one of y’all to begin with, despite the occasional well-meaning affirmation.

The difference is, White boys who immersed themselves in Blackness can wake up one day and say to themselves, “this isn’t me, this isn’t mine,” and then proceed to find their Whiteness. I don’t have that option so I’m sorta stuck in this type of no man’s land.

Your perspective is invaluable

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Jack Johnson is one of my heroes. He didn't give a damn about the time period, didn't give a damn what people thought, he whooped people's ass and did what he wanted.

I live my life in a similar way.

:myman:

Damn, you been beaten down into submission.

:wow:
Mutt broken. :mjcry:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But at the end of the day y’all are actually Black. You can wake up and decide to fully embrace all of it.

You can turn to your community and choose to foster relationships with other understanding Black individuals.

I cannot do any of that b/c I’m discernibly mixed-race and even racially ambiguous to some ppl. In any space...amongst any group…at any given time…my identity, attribution and allegiance are up for debate whether I’ve endeavoured to make them clear or not.

It’s funny too, cuz right now I’m kinda going thru what feels like the end stage of wiggerism where I’m confronted w/ the reality that I was never one of y’all to begin with, despite the occasional well-meaning affirmation.

The difference is, White boys who immersed themselves in Blackness can wake up one day and say to themselves, “this isn’t me, this isn’t mine,” and then proceed to find their Whiteness. I don’t have that option so I’m sorta stuck in this type of no man’s land.

That's some real stuff and I know a lot of mixed race people go through this, keep your head up breh

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
One of my favorite old school athletes.. Ali and others molded some of their "don't give AF" attitude after him

He had his faults tho, one of them was not giving other black boxers a chance once he got the title. I understand it to a degree.
I was going to mention that but I didn't want to be the one .

Part of his reasoning was that he thought white people wouldn't pay to see two brothers fighting.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not even trying to be funny, but some mixed black people have said they are told they aren’t black enough by some black people, and they experience racism from white people and can’t fit in with them. Did your negative experiences come from a particular group, or you experienced it from everyone?

I've read mixed race people have high rates of mental illness due to this.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
Jack Johnson wasn't afraid cacs and decided to fukk their women to make em mad...

Wouldn't be surprised if OJ Simpson modeled his whole image after him once he won that Heisman trophy award.

Nah! OJ was a c00n who wanted/craved white acceptance while Jack Johnson was an unapologetically proud Black man

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Marrying white women and simping for white prostitutes isn't anything to brag about. Also didn't he refuse to fight other black fighters because he wanted to be known as "that black fighter"?
Nah. He fought Sam Langford. He knew white people wouldn't pay to see two black men fight for a championship belt.

Tair

Superstar
Daps

Seeing as you said you were a "wigger" (you aren't white, so I don't know how you could be labeled a "wigger" but let's go with it anyway), you took up Black American stereotypes and tried to fashion an identity from a superficial perspective.

Now you are on a messageboard depressed and contemplating suicide because you can't fit in anywhere due to how you look.

Your thought processes are very superficial, and I don't say that to be disrespectful, but a healthy man only concerns himself with his life goals if he is smart. Your lineage matters second to help ground and direct you. Everything else such as a community is whatever - if you can find one, good, if you don't, you can either create it or be fine with being alone.

You ultimately create your identity. Everyone else can try and tell you who you are, but most of them don't even know who they are, and are too lazy and hate themselves to do the self work required to understand who they are.

81sLozjwGEL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

You can either read that book and work through it or don't.

:manny:

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
You would have to define community, because as I see it, we are a community of mercenaries.

Every Man woman and child for themselves.

What does "finding whiteness" even look like?

What does "finding Blackness" look like?

You are better off finding people you vibe with regardless of Race and keep it moving.

I've rocked with more people from all over the world way more because it's fun to cultural exchange.

Not hope I fit in with some kind of twisted expectation based upon something I have no control over.
I agree w/ your assessment of the community in its current state but isn’t it safe to say that there is and always will be a segment that cares about linking, preserving and upholding?

The way I see it, as long as a Black person is seeking out another to propagate, rear and impart knowledge of self then you’ve got something.

And finding one’s “-ness” involves the full realization and appreciation of their exclusive mono-racial identity and essence. This includes an understanding of heritage and group cohesiveness.

I’ve always kinda envied cats like you who can kick and chop it up with anybody. Unfortunately, I’m not wired that way. I’m a tribalist…w/o a tribe.🤦‍♂️
:francis:

you don't get more love from black people?

you can't lean toward one sort of look?

i'm asking because I want to understand

or you look like an afro latino
I’m stuck, breh. I can’t lean any which way. I joke w/ moms that I’m finna start hanging around Middle Eastern or Latin American types but, just like White & Black folk, they can tell that I’m not one of them.
:francis:

All I can do is seek out other mixed individuals. The thing is, my people tend to be more neurotic, unstable and wishy-washy than the average person. Shyt ain’t easy but there ain’t much in this life that is.

Sorry for derailing your thread, BTW.😏
Damn, so you really got to find a Black woman:skip:

If you don't, your bloodline is finished :wow:
Breh, I’m an incel who got a vasectomy (make it make sense :palm:). It’s way past over for me.

But nah, even if a Black woman wanted my dusty waffle-coloured a$$, I could never bring myself to sully the Queen’s womb and bloodline.
:scusthov:

She better go find her a Black King and produce a troop of melanated specimens.:yes:
You're from Canada too, correct?

Asking for clarity because this may be more of a cultural issue vis a vis nationality. Because in the US, vast majority of people with a black parent have always self-identified as black. There have definitely been those who expressed similar identity struggles as you have, but I would say 7 of 10 mixed race blacks stand within their blackness here, and always have. To the point that depending on where you are in the US, it's surprising when you meet one who doesn't identify with their blackness...

Like most black Americans, I have plenty of "mixed" negroes in my family. Including two siblings, my brother just became comfortable in his blackness within the last 5 years, while my sister seems to have completely shunned her blackness; no one has heard from here in 7 years or so. She married and had two kids (that we know of) with a white boy. Bit their case is also I think a product of how they look, more ambiguous looking such as yourself, as well as where they grew up, they grew up in San Diego mostly, mom is Mex-American, were reared mostly around their Hispanic family...

Aside from them, every other mixed nikka in my family is very comfortable in their blackness. I just think it's one of those things, since you do get to choose who you align with, shunning your blackness is a voluntary thing. The experiences you face from being "mixed", aside from having a white parent itself, are largely relatable to being black anyway, and I'll never understand why anyone black dislikes their blackness. But to each their own...
Yeah, I’m a Canadian who has been heavily influenced and invested in African-American culture which makes my life even more “cringy”.:snoop:

Always find communicating w/ you about this topic worthwhile. And JTBC, I don’t dislike whatever Blackness I may have; I just feel the need to reject it out of respect for actual Black people who really live this shyt.
Seeing as you said you were a "wigger" (you aren't white, so I don't know how you could be labeled a "wigger" but let's go with it anyway), you took up Black American stereotypes and tried to fashion an identity from a superficial perspective.

Now you are on a messageboard depressed and contemplating suicide because you can't fit in anywhere due to how you look.

Your thought processes are very superficial, and I don't say that to be disrespectful, but a healthy man only concerns himself with his life goals if he is smart. Your lineage matters second to help ground and direct you. Everything else such as a community is whatever - if you can find one, good, if you don't, you can either create it or be fine with being alone.

You ultimately create your identity. Everyone else can try and tell you who you are, but most of them don't even know who they are, and are too lazy and hate themselves to do the self work required to understand who they are.

81sLozjwGEL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

You can either read that book and work through it or don't.

:manny:
Appreciate the post and book recommendation. I understand what you’re telling me. The problem is, I’m very racially/ethnically minded and I don’t see myself shedding that mentality.

And JSYK, a Coli breh called me a “mutt” then proceeded to call me a “White boy” the other day so it’s something I have to contend with.:laugh:

Anyway, wasn’t looking for all this attention but there’s some really solid dudes on here and you guys are appreciated.🤝