Singles Janet Jackson Appreciation Thread // Made For Now (Feat. Daddy Yankee) Out Now

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
All For You has some of Janet’s best songs on there imo. It’s kinda under appreciated imo.

I need to get back into this album. Can’t recall the last time I listened to it in its entirety.

That Son Of A Gun joint will always be my shyt lol.

I remember when Aaliyah tributed her the same year that album came out and a few months before Aaliyah died.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I need to get back into this album. Can’t recall the last time I listened to it in its entirety.

That Son Of A Gun joint will always be my shyt lol.

I remember when Aaliyah tributed her the same year that album came out and a few months before Aaliyah died.
You should. Album had a couple of heaters on there. I don’t think it gets as much respect because of the album it came after. I listen to some of the songs on there pretty often when listening to Janet’s discography.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
DYVLmfFUMAANhIa.jpg

Happy Birthday to Janet! Celebrate the Legend here. :smile:

@ghetto_dreams
Is it a tribute set for Janet Jackson at the awards show?

I haven't heard about this.:ohhh:

I wasn't a fan of her 80s stuff, but her 90s to early 00s run was nothing short of phenomenal. :picard::blessed:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Is it a tribute set for Janet Jackson at the awards show?

I haven't heard about this.:ohhh:

I wasn't a fan of her 80s stuff, but her 90s to early 00s run was nothing short of phenomenal. :picard::blessed:
yeah, she will be receiving the Billboard Icon Award this Sunday. I'm thinking other artists will pay tribute to her and that she will perform as well.

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps

I’m glad Janet is finally getting her just due. It’s about time. That shyt with Justin Timberlake fukked her legacy up. I feel like ppl forget just how significant Janet was/is to the game. A true pioneer and trailblazer. This makes me happy.

Questlove posted back in February how Control was the first New Jack Swing album. Even Whitney had to fall in line with Janet at some point.

She is forever the Queen of Pop in my eyes. I don’t give a fukk about that cac Madonna.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad Janet is finally getting her just due. It’s about time. That shyt with Justin Timberlake fukked her legacy up. I feel like ppl forget just how significant Janet was/is to the game. A true pioneer and trailblazer. This makes me happy.

Questlove posted back in February how Control was the first New Jack Swing album. Even Whitney had to fall in line with Janet at some point.

She is forever the Queen of Pop in my eyes. I don’t give a fukk about that cac Madonna.
Thar whole Super Bowl fiasco was pretty damn unfortunate and JT still sucks for how he handled the situation. For someone as legendary and influential as Janet, she deserves all of the respect in the world and it’s amazing that Billboard is honoring her on Sunday.

I agree about Control trailblazing the NJS sound. A lot of albums that have come after it were influenced by the sound of that album for sure.

Agreed completely! Madonna isn’t even on the same level as Janet in terms of talent and music. I don’t care.