Singles Janet Jackson Appreciation Thread // Made For Now (Feat. Daddy Yankee) Out Now

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
It's crazy how she's been forgotten in many circles. Her run from 86-98 was up there with anybody's.

Shawty gave me my first boners back in the day. Used to hump the bed something vicious after watching this joint.

I came to post this..

I believe its Nas favorite Janet song too:wow:

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
Janet Jackson, who will be receiving the Icon Award at the 2018 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday (May 20), has made a lasting impact on both fans and fellow musicians alike with her music. To celebrate her accomplishments ahead of the ceremony, Billboard spoke with Ciara, Ne-Yo and Khalid to find out what Janet Jackson means to each of them and why they agree that she is a true musical icon.

“Janet, to me, is one of the most valuable artists of all time,” Ciara tells Billboard. “Everything she does is perfection. It says a lot to me. It says you gotta care, you gotta give 100 percent every time... She is queen of creating those iconic moments that we still talk about today.”

The singer shares that her first memory of Jackson was her 1986 album Control, explaining that it was impactful at that time to see a young woman take control. “It was a very special moment to me as an artist,” Ciara adds, “and at the time period, as a young girl watching her. She has been a huge influence in my life.”

Ne-Yo also reveals his first memory of Jackson, recalling having a “major crush” on her after seeing her “The Pleasure Principle” music video. “That kind of started my Janet Jackson infatuation,” he says. “I remember the video for ‘That's the Way Love Goes’ and just her being in the studio with her crew and everybody just sitting around listening to the record… and just wanting to be there. That was who Janet was for me.”

“Janet felt like the homegirl,” he continues. “Janet felt like a friend. That was one of the things that made me like her as much as I did… I love that about Janet Jackson -- her realness.”

I’m so happy Janet is getting recognized in this way. I wonder whos gonna be a part of the tribute.

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
So, don’t judge me but I was watching old Britney Spears performances last night and I forgot just how much her style and performances were influenced by Janet. Once nipplegate happened, she started acting like Madonna was her biggest influence. But from the jump, you could tell she studied Janet up and down.

Janet inspiring everybody. Legitimately everybody’s blueprint.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I know @Homeboy Runny-Ray is gonna be perched in front of his TV screen watching The Queen and the Master at work. :sas2:

I guess this is a carry-over from that janet/whitney struggle-thread.

again you expose yourself as a noob. otherwise you wouldn't be tagging me for this, seeing that whitney is prolly the goat of the billboard awards.

stay in your lane youngn.