‘Jobs may disappear’: Nearly 40% of global employment could be disrupted by AI, IMF says

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I had to use google to see what impact AI would have on my current job and this was one of the 1st things i saw:

"One of the most significant impacts of AI in CNC manufacturing is the ability to enable continuous production. AI-powered robots can work non-stop, 24 hours a day, without the need for breaks or downtime."

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to use google to see what impact AI would have on my current job and this was one of the 1st things i saw:

"One of the most significant impacts of AI in CNC manufacturing is the ability to enable continuous production. AI-powered robots can work non-stop, 24 hours a day, without the need for breaks or downtime."

I think AI will be regulated

Nobody gonna be able to buy those products and services if AI does everything.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
That bootstraps mantra aint gonna solve shyt, but another World War. Letting almost half the human population get wiped out and fighting for scraps?

Yes, UBI needs to be the new normal. Only cold blooded capitalist vouch for mass death and genocide.

Calm down, fam. No one was vouching for mass death over here. And I didnt say bootstraps either. Read what I typed. I said we know this is coming, so people should start preparing now and pivot to areas that AI wont be taking over. If you choose to stay put, thats on those people.

Only the completely lazy just try to fully wait on UBI, cause it hasnt happened yet, and its not gonna happen. If you dont want the 'bootstraps' talk, then wake up from the 'UBI, please save us' dream. What inkling has shown you that is even close to happening?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Calm down, fam. No one was vouching for mass death over here. And I didnt say bootstraps either. Read what I typed. I said we know this is coming, so people should start preparing now and pivot to areas that AI wont be taking over. If you choose to stay put, thats on those people.

Only the completely lazy just try to fully wait on UBI, cause it hasnt happened yet, and its not gonna happen. If you dont want the 'bootstraps' talk, then wake up from the 'UBI, please save us' dream. What inkling has shown you that is even close to happening?

UBI has to happen, or else you talking about 150 million people in America starving to death. With your way of thinking, SOMEONE is going to suffer because their job has been automated.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps

:pachaha: There will definitely be downtime.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
That bootstraps mantra aint gonna solve shyt, but another World War. Letting almost half the human population get wiped out and fighting for scraps?

Yes, UBI needs to be the new normal. Only cold blooded capitalist vouch for mass death and genocide.
It seems like half the human population is already fighting for scraps. What makes you think that UBI is going to be the new normal?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It seems like half the human population is already fighting for scraps. What makes you think that UBI is going to be the new normal?

Do you want another World War? Where daily conflicts arise and have millions of starving people organizing to rob and loot banks, stores, and government buildings?

And how can these companies grow, if no one has disposable income to buy these products? :jbhmm:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
:pachaha: There will definitely be downtime.
Man lol

We got BRAND NEW machines that we have needed the manufacturer to come in and troubleshoot.

The machines I run are the oldest in the building and I have hours of downtime per week.

AI can have the highest IQ ever. It wont stop them machines from being raggedy lol

charknicks

All Star
Daps
UBI has to happen, or else you talking about 150 million people in America starving to death. With your way of thinking, SOMEONE is going to suffer because their job has been automated.

Agreed. Someone is gonna suffer. People are suffering NOW. As soon as AI was announced, and the way they have been fast-tracking this stuff to come out, people knew they were being replaced. We also already know that even with the jobs the way they are, that millions are suffering and dont have enough as is. We also know that there are millions too many people here in America as is.

Will it be survivial of the fittest? It already is
Will it be WW3 soon? Perhaps. Hell, might be a Civil War here in America all of 2024 cause of this upcoming election.

Again, you say UBI HAS to happen. What government is making that happen? Where have you seen that is coming? Where have you even seen that they plan to do that? Where do you see that they care about people starving NOW?

Im all ears, but you havent said anything about how this UBI dream will happen. Let us know.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

UBI means someone has control over your life. Do you want that?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Agreed. Someone is gonna suffer. People are suffering NOW. As soon as AI was announced, and the way they have been fast-tracking this stuff to come out, people knew they were being replaced. We also already know that even with the jobs the way they are, that millions are suffering and dont have enough as is. We also know that there are millions too many people here in America as is.

Will it be survivial of the fittest? It already is
Will it be WW3 soon? Perhaps. Hell, might be a Civil War here in America all of 2024 cause of this upcoming election.

Again, you say UBI HAS to happen. What government is making that happen? Where have you seen that is coming? Where have you even seen that they plan to do that? Where do you see that they care about people starving NOW?

Im all ears, but you havent said anything about how this UBI dream will happen. Let us know.

When people who claim that it somehow cannot happen, by coincidence be the first victims of a jobless society and incalculable destruction happens afterwards, even the government would be :whoa: . It would be like the Summer of 2020 all over again, where even the police are :merchant: at millions of unemployed people marching together for justice (George Floyd), while they just watch and do nothing.