‘Jobs may disappear’: Nearly 40% of global employment could be disrupted by AI, IMF says

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Do you want another World War? Where daily conflicts arise and have millions of starving people organizing to rob and loot banks, stores, and government buildings?

And how can these companies grow, if no one has disposable income to buy these products? :jbhmm:
Breh you are a little too amped up on this topic. I never said I wanted anything. I asked you a simple question. Just because all those things can happen(they already are), what makes you think UBI will become a thing? Covid should have shown you just how hard people(even those who benefit) will pushback against something that is good for the general population. Not saying that I disagree with you that it will need to be a thing I just think that most are OK with letting a large percentage of the population dying off.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
UBI has to happen, or else you talking about 150 million people in America starving to death. With your way of thinking, SOMEONE is going to suffer because their job has been automated.
We'll see this starting to have a significant impact by 2030, and I'm fairly certain by 2040 there will be UBI for significant portions of the population.

UBI won't be a grand savior however. It will sustain people, but social mobility will be virtually defunct if it goes in wholesale and We'll effectively be ushering in an age of neo-fuedalism.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We'll see this starting to have a significant impact by 2030, and I'm fairly certain by 2040 there will be UBI for significant portions of the population.

UBI won't be a grand savior however. It will sustain people, but social mobility will be virtually defunct if it goes in wholesale and We'll effectively be ushering in an age of neo-fuedalism.

Only way of social mobility is to sell art

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats the thing. Countries arent gonna just sit around and pay out UBI to people who arent contributing to the bottom line. Meanwhile, population will just increase all over the world, and less and less jobs for these people to work. It will be survival of the fittest out here real soon, as soon as they figure out how to have this AI replace people in the customer service industry. People better find multiple streams of income, as well as protect your neck. Its about to get real out here.
This won't cut it. There literally has to be a point where common folks have to go at the necks of politicians and through them billionaires and big corps. There is a big ass pie that they see on the horizon that they wont have to share and we can't work our way out of it.

Some people say technology opens up new jobs...thats how it used to be. When AI can do your job, find a problem, and create a solution for that too, the game is fukking over. Manual labor where its available, everything else analyzed by AI that is sucking decades of knowledge that human worker bees created.

AI is in the hands of the same people who want to pay you as little as possible. Political activism now before its something entirely worse later.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
New jobs will emerge

as human batteries to power up that shyt
800f69c7d6bb1e2159fc84dca0aba94fe9027cbb.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This won't cut it. There literally has to be a point where common folks have to go at the necks of politicians and through them billionaires and big corps. There is a big ass pie that they see on the horizon that they wont have to share and we can't work our way out of it.

Some people say technology opens up new jobs...thats how it used to be. When AI can do your job, find a problem, and create a solution for that too, the game is fukking over. Manual labor where its available, everything else analyzed by AI that is sucking decades of knowledge that human worker bees created.

AI is in the hands of the same people who want to pay you as little as possible. Political activism now before its something entirely worse later.

That's what these dudes don't get. You gotta clash with these greedy capitalists on some French Revolution 3.0 shyt, or else humanity is DONE.