Jon da gawd Favreau Coming Back Home

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The Jungle Book's Jon Favreau IS going back to Marvel
His latest movie is currently taking a big bite out of the box office, but directorJon Favreau isn't resting on his multi-million dollar laurels just yet.

In fact, the Iron Man director and producer of Avengers: Age of Ultron can't wait to get back into the Marvel universe.

"I'm going to be executive producing the Avengers films with the Russo brothers, which I'm very excited about," Favreau told Digital Spy. "I talk to them about it all the time. I've worked both in front of and behind the camera with Marvel and I really love what they're doing right now.

"It's a really exciting time to be over there. I've seen a rough cut of Civil War and it's fantastic.

"We're constantly looking for things to do together. And now I'm freed up."

Audiences are already going wild for Favreau's star-studded, visual effects epic The Jungle Book, which opened on Friday and has already grossed $103.6m worldwide. He's even been booked to direct and produce its sequel.

"The question is, do I want to do something else in the superhero genre?" Favreau continued. "I've spent a big chunk of my career working on that already. All new titles are coming out now."

Favreau was part of the Marvel family early on, and is widely credited for the MCU's sharp comedic tone by making Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man as quick and powerful with his one-liners as his suit of armour was at hurling rays from his gauntlets.

When explaining why he gracefully declined the offer to direct Iron Man 3, instead opting to stay on merely as executive producer, Favreau admitted that working on such a big franchise was tiring.

"I'm actually surprised I don't feel that way about The Jungle Book already, but with Iron Man, I'd done two back to back," he says. "My time was completely monopolized for those years and I wanted allowed to explore other things. "Part of the fun of having a successful movie is you get a lot of say on what your next project is. Sometimes you want to leave yourself open to other opportunities instead of another four or five years maybe working on that franchise."
:blessed:

Uno

Superstar
Daps
He is always going to be an executive producer because he started the avengers with ironman.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Joss Whedon has made similar comments recently.

Basically these directors just get burnt out spending half a decade on these movies. Being involved in the writing process, pre-production, and then making sure that your movie interconnects with the overall shared universe, potentially clashing with Marvel on your artistic vision versus their universal structure.

Seems like with a little break and time away they get the passion back for the world and the characters. Doesn't really surprise me...

Now can we get Favreu to commit to an Iron Man 4:lupe:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
wat6rr.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Basically these directors just get burnt out spending half a decade on these movies. Being involved in the writing process, pre-production, and then making sure that your movie interconnects with the overall shared universe, potentially clashing with Marvel on your artistic vision versus their universal structure.

Seems like with a little break and time away they get the passion back for the world and the characters. Doesn't really surprise me...

Or it could be that they trying to mend broken bridges bc who the fukk wants Disney as an enemy in the movie industry :skip:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

As far as im concerned... Theres only one ironman movie and its the one Fav directed.

2 was bad... But three was a disgrace. Iron suits made of alluminum was bullshyt.