Juggling Job Offers and a Potential

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
This is probably the wrong forum to ask this question :mjpls: ....

I aced my interview today and I am meeting with a district manager that wants me to start this week before she is going on vacation next week. The job is part-time retail with no benefits.

However, I aced an interview yesterday with a bank, their district manager is also going on vacation next week so they stated that it would take time to get back to the applicants.

Both jobs have the same wage but of course the bank job has better hours, full benefits and paid training in DC.

What to do? Should I accept one knowing I *might* get another job offer? Or do I ask to postpone my decision and risk losing a sure thing?

Idk if the fact that the first job was willing to hire me so quickly means that there are no other applicants... :patrice:
She mentioned she was trying to hire two new managers.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
Ive been in situations like this before. Actually just started a new job and had to deal with some weird things. What I would do - I would take the retail job and wait to hear from the bank job. This is assuming you want the bank job. Just be mentally ready to "burn your bridge" with them. They may not forget about this if you ever try to work there again. Also be aware that normally if a job his hiring a new staff, it means that there was a lot of bullshyt in that department. They arent going to tell you that tho, at least until you get the job.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
C/S what @blackestofpanthers said...I was in a similar situation where I worked for a retail place part time & got offered a full time job that paid about 4 dollars more an hour. I was at the part time place maybe 2 weeks, I told him straight up they pay more & it's full time. He tried to guilt me saying I should stick with my commitments (meaning stay with them) I said I would if they would pay me the same amount :yeshrug:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Ive been in situations like this before. Actually just started a new job and had to deal with some weird things. What I would do - I would take the retail job and wait to hear from the bank job. This is assuming you want the bank job. Just be mentally ready to "burn your bridge" with them. They may not forget about this if you ever try to work there again. Also be aware that normally if a job his hiring a new staff, it means that there was a lot of bullshyt in that department. They arent going to tell you that tho, at least until you get the job.
That's what I was worried about. :lupe:

One of the reasons they are ready to hire me so quickly is because I worked for that company previously. So I'm already halfway trained, only this time I'll be managing.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
try to do some research on both companies and the management. its important to know what youre getting into and see how they treat employees. know your worth and see what the for sure job has to offer long term

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
C/S what @blackestofpanthers said...I was in a similar situation where I worked for a retail place part time & got offered a full time job that paid about 4 dollars more an hour. I was at the part time place maybe 2 weeks, I told him straight up they pay more & it's full time. He tried to guilt me saying I should stick with my commitments (meaning stay with them) I said I would if they would pay me the same amount :yeshrug:

:mjlol:

These employers man.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Both places pay the same. I could probably see if the retail job can up it but I doubt it.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
That's what I was worried about. :lupe:

One of the reasons they are ready to hire me so quickly is because I worked for that company previously. So I'm already halfway trained, only this time I'll be managing.

Here is the thing. If you leave, do you NEED them? Is it a good paying job? Is it a good place to work? Do you not think you can just find another place of employment? It's a selfish road to the top. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
:mjlol:

These employers man.
Dude literally said that to me. I forgot to add the full time was temp to hire but it was just a data entry job, shyt wasn't rocket science. I ended up staying at the full time gig for 4 years. Him saying all that justified my decision to get the hell from around his nay saying ass

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Which industry would you rather work in? Are you interested in banking or do you want to be a retail manager?
I'd like to open my own health store. The retail job will help me learn operations. My whole work history is in retail tho. The bank job will help me learn about finances and comes with perks on services and products. The bank job is what I want but there's lots of competition.

At the group interview, I believe I was the most qualified. But the hiring manager does interviews for the DC area twice a week. The others had restaurant and administrative experience. The bank emphasizes sales but so does the retail job.