Just Got Fired From My Job This Morning For Being "Racially Inappropriate".

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
don't tell me you didn't realize that white people will silence minorities from discussing race at the first opportunity they get.

Quoted for emphasis. You live and you learn.

Will this firing be on your record or can the district not confirm or deny that info?

Perhaps you can teach at a school with more black kids now. From what I understand, there is a need for black male teachers.

Daps
@Preacher All jokes aside salute to you brother for taking the teaching route. We need more black male teachers out here in these schools reaching out to the babies. You are doing a great thing. Dont give up. Hopefully this doesnt go in your record or whatever they check for teachers. IF so get you a lawyer and fight it. Teach in another district if possible for now.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I saw no issue with the German question.

However...

The need to ask a child if she's mixed was unnecessary and could've made the child feel uncomfortable.... and the White Plains joke was the kicker... Just unnecessary... Not even funny in a learning environment.

They kind of moved too harshly IMO, someone with pull probably gave you the ax...

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow::wow::wow:

chess not checkers.
When will nikkas learn? Sorry but the OP was talking like he worked at a majority black school. You can't talk about what someone looks like or sounds like in a racial way like you can in a black neighborhood. They are looking to cancel you off anything and the OP just kept giving them ammo. When you are in a majority non-black area you can't be comfortable. You always must keep it neutral and basic. Don't ask questions or say anything unnecessary. SMH

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Quoted for emphasis. You live and you learn.

Will this firing be on your record or can the district not confirm or deny that info?

Perhaps you can teach at a school with more black kids now. From what I understand, there is a need for black male teachers.
Nah. I doubt it will be on a record. I was working through a Temp staffing company. Despite this hiccup, I've established many favorable relationship with many different teachers who I can get recommendation letters from. This won't keep me from a career in education.