Kanye apologies to Black community "I'm sorry for the George Floyd comment"

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Nah man, fck his apology. Kanye needs to burn so other black entertainers understand that there’s a line with us as well. He showed us who he was when he was in his ivory tower but now he wants mercy in his fall from grace

You think Ye would be apologizing to us right now if the Jews didn’t pluck his feathers? We gotta start being exclusive with celebrities we accept

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Step by step, our brother is on the road back home. He still has a chance to redeem himself and reclaim the crown of black excellence. Too early to tell how this will turn out, but I believe in second chances, especially for a black man who lost his way.

:wow:
Why can't brehs here hold black men accountable? You want him to be powerful again so bad

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Dude is one of the most clinical text book definitions of a narcissist that I have ever seen
nikka followed up his apology with "how could the richest black man ever be humble"

I don't know even know where to out the comma at in his statement..."black man, ever" or "black man ever," both arrogant as fukk...

:dead:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Step by step, our brother is on the road back home. He still has a chance to redeem himself and reclaim the crown of black excellence. Too early to tell how this will turn out, but I believe in second chances, especially for a black man who lost his way.

:wow:
Holy shyt celebrity worship is fukking insane

Daps
Why can't brehs here hold black men accountable? You want him to be powerful again so bad
First, I think the black community has held him accountable. A lot of us stopped fukking him well before his most recent comments.

I know I certainly did.

I want Ye to be held to account. But, I also don’t appreciate what the dominant society is doing to him. I know that nothing exists within a vacuum, fully cognizant of what’s implied by the public castration he is being subject to.

If Kanye and the black community are able to reconcile, however REMOTE that possibility is right now, I believe there’s an argument to be made that it would be a win against the dominant society.

They don’t want us to be supportive of Kanye. They don’t want us to forgive him. They don’t want us to entertain a dialogue with him. They want us to fall in line and join them in ostracizing him.

Just to be clear, we should not support him at this stage. We should not forgive him at this stage. We should not lend him an audience at this stage.

He hasn’t earned our forgiveness.

But, that’s a choice we should make on our own accord, not one made because we think that’s what white people want.

:francis:

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
he's on his return home tour after getting his swirl on and finding that things aren't different anywhere else. Not that much different than Halle Berry. Black men were supposedly trash, she needed 'something new', had a baby outside the race, got the same if not worse treatment and now is 'coming home'. Kanye just saw that his white buddies weren't backing him like he thought after he went after his financial masters and now he 'sees the light'.