Kendrick Lamar basically just passed up the last shot to let Meek Mill take it instead

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
As an L.A. breh it hurts me to say this, but this ol Lebron ass nikka head the ball in his hands with the clock winding down and he just gave it up to let Meek take the shot :dahell:

What I'm saying is, people have been waiting for actual Kendrick-Drake beef forever. They are looked at as the two leaders of the new school and Kendrick did fire the first shot (but not just at Drake, it was at every new school rapper) and Drake came back with some homotional radio interviews and some decent subliminals on IYRTITL.

Kendrick then did nothing in return. Maybe the "rapper with a ghostwriter, what the fukk happened?" line on TPAB was a sub at Drake, but if he had that knowledge of Drake using ghostwriters, he should have went at him with guns blazing instead of a weak sub. Instead, Meek takes it and runs with it and now, regardless of what happens with these diss records, he has made himself a household name to music fans.

Meek is coming out of this with a W regardless because he just increased his notoriety tenfold.. Kendrick was right there and could have entered another realm of stardom by beefing (and winning) with Drake, but my nikka just passed it up :francis:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As an L.A. breh it hurts me to say this, but this ol Lebron ass nikka head the ball in his hands with the clock winding down and he just gave it up to let Meek take the shot :dahell:

What I'm saying is, people have been waiting for actual Kendrick-Drake beef forever. They are looked at as the two leaders of the new school and Kendrick did fire the first shot (but not just at Drake, it was at every new school rapper) and Drake came back with some homotional radio interviews and some decent subliminals on IYRTITL.

Kendrick then did nothing in return. Maybe the "rapper with a ghostwriter, what the fukk happened?" line on TPAB was a sub at Drake, but if he had that knowledge of Drake using ghostwriters, he should have went at him with guns blazing instead of a weak sub. Instead, Meek takes it and runs with it and now, regardless of what happens with these diss records, he has made himself a household name to music fans.

Meek is coming out of this with a W regardless because he just increased his notoriety tenfold.. Kendrick was right there and could have entered another realm of stardom by beefing (and winning) with Drake, but my nikka just passed it up :francis:

What subliminals on IYRTITL ?

We aren't in the early 00s.... this is the justice league/super friends era

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What subliminals on IYRTITL ?

We aren't in the early 00s.... this is the justice league/super friends era

They gon' say your name on them airwaves/ They gon' hit you up right after like it's only rap.

I got a backyard where money seems to come from trees

And the one about how he took the summer off to give these boys a shot and they fukkin failed

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As a Kendrick fan I agree. Kendrick is just has a humble personality. You have to be aggressive in the rap game and thats how people like 50 and Jay got big.

It's fine to be that way but if that's the case he never shoulda dropped Control.. had people hyped and then nothing. That would be like Kobe scoring 81 and then only taking like 5 shot attempts in the next game :dahell:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it was necessary for Kendrick to do anything more after the Control verse. That was a ridiculous atom bomb in itself. N!gga had Phil Jackson even weigh in, SportsCenter touched on it. :pachaha:Then he followed it up with the BET Cypher (Jay Rock's verse btw :wow:), then the sharing bars like a two man cell line on King Kunta which really could have been about anyone, but in hindsight he probably was talking about Aubster.
Regardless, who's generally respected and accepted as this generation's best rapper? It's Kendrick and that's not really up for debate. I get the feeling his peers generally accept the fact that they're not rappin like that. There's a reason why nobody really attempted to go at his head too as the return fire would have been fatal.

That said, Kendrick is so far beyond the rest that, at this point he's Floyd Mayweather, and Meek going at Drake is like Tim Bradley going at Adrien Broner. Lamar would be going backwards to battle any of these 2nd tier rappers at this point. Let them fight for the scraps. And before anybody comes with how many units Drake pushed, and his popularity, etc., gotta remind you that units don't necessarily equal respect from your peers. Truth be told, Aubrey would trade his success for Kendrick Lamar's reputation and respect any day.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gon' say your name on them airwaves/ They gon' hit you up right after like it's only rap.

I got a backyard where money seems to come from trees

And the one about how he took the summer off to give these boys a shot and they fukkin failed

How does that warrant a response ?

I don't get how going at Drakes neck would benefit Kendrick ...

He's already seen as the leader of the new school, gotten critical acclaim twice
and gone plat...on top of having a duet with the biggest pop star on the planet

He already had Drake all in his feelings .....so what would this beef achieve ?

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How does that warrant a response ?

I don't get how going at Drakes neck would benefit Kendrick ...

He's already seen as the leader of the new school, gotten critical acclaim twice
and gone plat...on top of having a duet with the biggest pop star on the planet

He already had Drake all in his feelings .....so what would this beef achieve ?

Leader of the new school? It's pretty obviously split 50/50 (at best) and more likely, leaning in Drake's favor as far as who music fans believe it the leader of the new school.. Drake is the biggest name in rap (next to the usual suspects of Kanye/Jay/Eminem) - Kendrick is not on that level yet in terms of mainstream popularity. A real beef with Drake would have vaulted him into a different stratosphere of stardom.

Apex

Banned
Daps
As a Kendrick fan I agree. Kendrick is just has a humble personality. You have to be aggressive in the rap game and thats how people like 50 and Jay got big.
You don't have to be aggressive in the sense that you need to beef with everyone. Kendrick and Cole are perfectly fine doing what they do. You can't talk about spreading peace and then start beefing. Control wasn't to spark any beef - it was a competitive song. Not a diss track.

Mag149

Back flipped on the mattress they slept on me on
Daps
Reppin
BX
Some of yall are crazy I can't see nobody in the game dropping anything close to control, yea he may be humble but he knows he's one the the top dudes and has no problem telling us that, he stay throwing shots at nikkas, just because nikkas act like they ain't hear it (drake) that ain't his fault.