Kendrick Lamar is amazing but Lupe Fiasco's concepts,metaphors,swag would trample him - Mickey Factz

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The PERFECT analogy for this is when Dave Chappelle was on tour recently and called out Key And Peele for doing “his” show.

When interviewed about it. Chappelle admitted he was being petty and said that the fact that Key and Peele has such an easier go of getting creative freedom and having success while he was basically blackballed for demanding the same thing, hurt his feelings.

That’s the SAME thing that’s going on with Lupe/Kendrick. Lupe was the OG who came in with fire lyrics, awesome concepts, and a fresh approach to making enjoyable yet “conscious” music.

Chappelle had two successful seasons of Chappelle Show before the network tried to interfere with his creative vision

Lupe Fiasco had two successful albums before the label tried to interfere with his creative vision

Chappelle rebelled against the network, lost his show, and was blackballed once the network reneged on his deal.

Lupe rebelled against the studio and was shelved once the studio reneged on his deal.

Chappelle went on tour while on a Hollywood sabbatical and relied on both his fanbase and growing legend to keep him afloat

Lupe went on tour while on a recording sabbatical and relied on both his fanbase and growing legend to keep him afloat

While in the midst of his professional turmoil Chappelle had to stand by and watch as Key And Peele rose to stardom utilizing humor based upon racial economics and inventive skits.

While in the midst of his professional turmoil Lupe had to stand by and watch as Kendrick Lamar rose to stardom utilizing lyrical based music based upon racial economics and inventive album concepts.

Chappelle dropped two comedy specials from the “vaults” before gearing up to release his recently recorded and heavily anticipated “Equanimity” Netflix special. Which marks his complete freedom from Comedy Central.

Lupe recently dropped Drogas Light, an album from the “vaults” before gearing up to release his recently recorded and heavily anticipated “Drogas Wave” album. Which will mark his compete freedom from Atlantic records.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Hocean and caccinfms? Those two been married for several years. They're probably the same person.

I don't know which is sadder: a dude who stalks all day with aliases or two separate weirdos (one with a wife and kids :duck:) who have found love in each other and stalk all day
Pretend to have a poster on ignore but mention them all the time brehs :tochilol:
Sing About Me > The Cool

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I think if Lu combined how he spit early in his career(first 2 albums) with the breath control he has now(his breath control was terrible early on). He would garner alot more respect and attention. Also as far as albums I think he has 3 solid albums in his discography. F&L, The Cool, and T&Y. He also has some really dope mixtapes from early on as well.
I remember this being when I thought Lupe was special. I could only find him performing it live on YouTube

Neither F&L or The Cool held up well. I loved them at the time, but thought the Cool wasn't as good as F&L. The beats on the Cool sound terrible now. F&L is still a 4 mic album.
I couldn't rock with the beats on T&Y. :yeshrug:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I don't see it. :yeshrug:
Or rather, hear it :yeshrug:
Lupe has more of an animated, bouncy, sing songy type of delivery.

He sounds absolutely NOTHING like Nas. Not in voice, in delivery, in lyrics. Him sounding like Nas is just something Lupe stans say just to make themselves feel good.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
He sounds absolutely NOTHING like Nas. Not in voice, in delivery, in lyrics. Him sounding like Nas is just something Lupe stans say just to make themselves feel good.
Noone has ever said Lupe sounds like Nas. Lupe being CLEARLY influenced by Nas doesnt mean he has to SOUND like him. But theres certain things he has in his song making and rhyme making arsenal that he took DIRECTLY from Nas. And he himself will tell u this. Same way Pac was influenced by Nas when he made Me And My Girlfriend. Does that mean Pac SOUNDS like Nas? Nas was influenced by alot of people he doesnt sound like.