Kendrick Lamar is amazing but Lupe Fiasco's concepts,metaphors,swag would trample him - Mickey Factz

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao at all these lyrical shyt, all lyrical meant back in the day is that you didn't sound retarded when he rapped lmao
a nikka use big words they would call him lyrical lmao

at the end of the day none of that shyt matters in a battle
canibus was more lyrical than LL Cool J, LL Cool beat him in the battle with a less lyrical record, smashed him

shyt don't matter, only results

kendrick got results

lupe don't, its that simple

lupe falls into that lyrical miracle category where rappers try too hard to be "lyrical" or to go over the head of the listener

Nas never had to do that, Nas was lyrical without ever being a lyrical miracle rapper

The best rappers can say A LOT IN A FEW WORDS

I shouldn't have to listen to your song 20 times to understand it fully, if somebody can't get it the first time you are not lyrical enough to convey your message

being complicated doesn't make you good, saying something complicated in a simple way is what is difficult

this is what separates rappers like jay-z and nas from the rest of hip hop

i remember some lupe stan came up to when that day dreaming song dropped talking about lupe rapping about the projects being a transformer
or some shyt, and I was like what, what are you talking about, what is he saying, at the end of the day he ain't saying shyt

Back to Nas, this is the example I give people on lyricism

I never Sleep because Sleep is the cousin of death
that is being lyrical

Its nothing complicated but he says a lot

I understand Nas is not talking about taking a goddamn nap or just empty words playing on sleep and death

I understand he means in the streets you have to be aware of your surroundings at all time or you can get caught slipping, and end it dead
either buy being setup or fukked by the cops

He conveyed all that in one bar

lupe don't got no bars like that

and mickey facts is trash on all levels of rapping

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
There are opinions of knowledgeable people like MickeyFactz that are far and between and then the overwhelming opinions of peasants. I’m more of a quality>quantity kind of person so it make sense

ReasonableMatic

Daps
lmao at all these lyrical shyt, all lyrical meant back in the day is that you didn't sound retarded when he rapped lmao

canibus was more lyrical than LL Cool J, LL Cool beat him in the battle with a less lyrical record, smashed him

kendrick got results

lupe falls into that lyrical miracle category where rappers try too hard to be "lyrical" or to go over the head of the listener

Nas never had to do that, Nas was lyrical without ever being a lyrical miracle rapper

I shouldn't have to listen to your song 20 times to understand it fully, if somebody can't get it the first time you are not lyrical enough to convey your message

being complicated doesn't make you good, saying something complicated in a simple way is what is difficult

i remember some lupe stan came up to when that day dreaming song dropped talking about lupe rapping about the projects being a transformer
or some shyt, and I was like what, what are you talking about, what is he saying, at the end of the day he ain't saying shyt

that is being lyrical

I understand Nas is not talking about taking a goddamn nap or just empty words playing on sleep and death

I understand he means in the streets you have to be aware of your surroundings at all time or you can get caught slipping, and end it dead

All that typing to bring up Nas as an argument to discredit Lupe, meanwhile ya man Nas & Jay co-signed him even before his first album :youngsabo:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that typing to bring up Nas as an argument to discredit Lupe, meanwhile ya man Nas & Jay co-signed him even before his first album.

So

Nas cosigned Jon Conor too

Nas cosigned Nashawn lmao

Nobody said Lupe couldn't rap

he just not this unbelievable lyrical master you stans prop him up to be

he has zero classics

Holocaust from the fake wu tang squad was lyrical as fukk by yourself definition

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this technical/artsy fartsy talk :scust:

That's shyt white folks and other foreigners have to grab onto just to feel apart of the culture.

They'll also use those same elements to hijack it from you.Now all of a sudden, they're the "experts"

They're judging what's good or not.Placed in the seat of authority---judging the technicalities.

Bars...breath control....assonance....metaphors...multis----fukk outta here with that.

We from the school of Negro Spirituals.Just spit it from your heart and put some soul on it.

We gone feel it.Simple as that.People that can't really connect it to spiritually, compensate with all this technical jargon.

Robotic society azz niccaz.Guarantee none of these dudes stand the test of time

Daps
Reppin
NULL

kendrick got results

that is being lyrical

@ The bolded.So underrated.That's the sign of a true power speaker/spitter.To shatter complexity down to simplicity.

Providing clarity, understanding, flow, and easy listening.It's like wearing 3D glasses that do all the work for you.No strain on the eyes.

I understand people like a brain tease, but the ladder element's often overlooked.Dudes like Scarface/Pac mastered that shyt.

Personally, I think it makes their music more timeless/relatable.This other shyt is fun "in the moment"

Dap/pos rep.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

kendrick got results

that is being lyrical

:mjlol: