Kendrick Lamar is amazing but Lupe Fiasco's concepts,metaphors,swag would trample him - Mickey Factz

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
All this talk about Lupe and Lupe's comments just make me think he's bitter.

He is mad that he didn't get the same creative freedom that Kendrick did. He is also mad that when he finally did what the label asked him to do, he sold well but it was watered down.

Kendrick makes records better than Lazers had without having to get boxed in.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Sorry, who is Mikey Factz?
raekwon-joebudden.png

Bottom right. Pretended to be invisible while Buddens was getting assaulted. He didn’t even turn around...

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All nerd talk. EXACTLY what I expect a big ass geek like Mickey Facts to say.

Nothing to see here folks.
For real, these dudes think all the nerd talk is gonna the key to winning
lmao at all these lyrical shyt, all lyrical meant back in the day is that you didn't sound retarded when he rapped lmao
a nikka use big words they would call him lyrical lmao

at the end of the day none of that shyt matters in a battle
canibus was more lyrical than LL Cool J, LL Cool beat him in the battle with a less lyrical record, smashed him

shyt don't matter, only results

kendrick got results

lupe don't, its that simple

lupe falls into that lyrical miracle category where rappers try too hard to be "lyrical" or to go over the head of the listener

Nas never had to do that, Nas was lyrical without ever being a lyrical miracle rapper

The best rappers can say A LOT IN A FEW WORDS

I shouldn't have to listen to your song 20 times to understand it fully, if somebody can't get it the first time you are not lyrical enough to convey your message

being complicated doesn't make you good, saying something complicated in a simple way is what is difficult

this is what separates rappers like jay-z and nas from the rest of hip hop

i remember some lupe stan came up to when that day dreaming song dropped talking about lupe rapping about the projects being a transformer
or some shyt, and I was like what, what are you talking about, what is he saying, at the end of the day he ain't saying shyt

Back to Nas, this is the example I give people on lyricism

I never Sleep because Sleep is the cousin of death
that is being lyrical

Its nothing complicated but he says a lot

I understand Nas is not talking about taking a goddamn nap or just empty words playing on sleep and death

I understand he means in the streets you have to be aware of your surroundings at all time or you can get caught slipping, and end it dead
either buy being setup or fukked by the cops

He conveyed all that in one bar

lupe don't got no bars like that

and mickey facts is trash on all levels of rapping
realest fukkin post

Get that technical shyt outta here. The only shyt that is winning is some imaginary battles in paper.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
don't you just love it when the KL fans make excuses for their role model not being as good as he's hyped?
That and Lupe haters with there stupid ass arguments

These nikkas srsly in here twisting what lyricism is.:Denzellaugh2:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He is also mad that when he finally did what the label asked him to do, he sold well but it was watered down.

Kendrick makes records better than Lazers had without having to get boxed in.
The Cool sold just as well as Lasers did overall. It went gold in a matter of months, sitting around 900k in sales today, has a platinum single on it, and got lots of radio play.

The label just wanted a piece of all his earnings and tried to muscle him into a 360, hence why there is a 3+ year delay between The Cool and Lasers.

Let’s not act like Lasers is the album Lupe had to make to be successful. Atlantic botched his shyt.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The Heart 4 he snucked in for a reason, he just using that song infront of Millions to let him know, I hear you talking.

Like he said on that track there's a difference between Accomplishments (4 Classic and Critcally Acclaim albums) and Astonishments (Lyrical Miracle Wordplay)

Kendrick will get ate up on some Mase Vs Cam shyt

You know how much bitterness Lupe got after being jerked around by labels and having fans shyt on him?

Kendrick will throw in a few jabs but Lupe coming like a bat out of hell

I want this baby :sadcam:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I remember my very first thread in The Booth was trying to explain the fraudulence around 'lyricism'. It made a lot of posters cry. Looking back, I understand why now - most people on here are rhythmless cacs. "Lyricism" is how they latch onto rap before moving on to other genres as they get older.

Episode 1 in SirBiatch Concert series: Lyricism killed hip hop

lmao at all these lyrical shyt, all lyrical meant back in the day is that you didn't sound retarded when he rapped lmao
a nikka use big words they would call him lyrical lmao

at the end of the day none of that shyt matters in a battle
canibus was more lyrical than LL Cool J, LL Cool beat him in the battle with a less lyrical record, smashed him

shyt don't matter, only results

kendrick got results

lupe don't, its that simple

lupe falls into that lyrical miracle category where rappers try too hard to be "lyrical" or to go over the head of the listener

Nas never had to do that, Nas was lyrical without ever being a lyrical miracle rapper

The best rappers can say A LOT IN A FEW WORDS

I shouldn't have to listen to your song 20 times to understand it fully, if somebody can't get it the first time you are not lyrical enough to convey your message

being complicated doesn't make you good, saying something complicated in a simple way is what is difficult

this is what separates rappers like jay-z and nas from the rest of hip hop

i remember some lupe stan came up to when that day dreaming song dropped talking about lupe rapping about the projects being a transformer
or some shyt, and I was like what, what are you talking about, what is he saying, at the end of the day he ain't saying shyt

Back to Nas, this is the example I give people on lyricism

I never Sleep because Sleep is the cousin of death
that is being lyrical

Its nothing complicated but he says a lot

I understand Nas is not talking about taking a goddamn nap or just empty words playing on sleep and death

I understand he means in the streets you have to be aware of your surroundings at all time or you can get caught slipping, and end it dead
either buy being setup or fukked by the cops

He conveyed all that in one bar

lupe don't got no bars like that

and mickey facts is trash on all levels of rapping

you just bodied all these "lyricism" weirdos :deadrose: We see who posts about lyricism in The Booth; it's always the mental midgets and the mentally challenged. It never occurs to them that if I have to listen to your vague bullshyt rhymes a gazilion times to make some sorta sense of things, then you're a moron with nothing to say :laugh:

All this technical/artsy fartsy talk :scust:

That's shyt white folks and other foreigners have to grab onto just to feel apart of the culture.

They'll also use those same elements to hijack it from you.Now all of a sudden, they're the "experts"

They're judging what's good or not.Placed in the seat of authority---judging the technicalities.

Bars...breath control....assonance....metaphors...multis----fukk outta here with that.

We from the school of Negro Spirituals.Just spit it from your heart and put some soul on it.

We gone feel it.Simple as that.People that can't really connect it to spiritually, compensate with all this technical jargon.

Robotic society azz niccaz.Guarantee none of these dudes stand the test of time

now this is fax

So now talking about bars is nerd talk:mjlol:

Come a flex freestyle featuring any artist y'all like and u nikkas Gon have a change in tone:Mjparadise:

You know how it is here, breh. Being a fraud is encouraged :yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree in some areas, disagree in others. Conceptually give me Kendrick. As other have said, something being complicated doesn't make it better. Both rappers have put out multiple concept albums. I'd argue Kdot is much better at putting together a body of work, cinematically. There's a flow and rhythm to the projects. Pacing. There are emotional and energetic climaxes. I like Lupe, but his albums don't have moments like Sing About Me or Alright or Keisha's Song IMO, in terms of the sequencing and shyt that hits right at the right time.

And then when you think of concept records...again, give me Kendrick. There's a certain non personal, insular feel to Lupe's shyt. He's someone who thought I Gave You Power was so amazing and decided that's what the pinnacle of concept songs is, so you get these corny attempts to do something like that ("it's a transformer!"). Yet even Nas didn't really explore that type of concept shyt much thereafter (outside of shyt like Project Roach and Fried Chicken). That type of shyt always borders on corniness. Nas' best concepts were more SIMPLE and emotional. One Love. Writing a letter to a homie in prison. Far simpler than a gun rapping, more relatable.

Most of Kendrick's noteworthy conceptual tracks are written from various perspectives. Lupe is pretty damn good at this too (the child soldier track from The Cool comes to mind).

Metaphors: Lupe.

Swag rap: come on, Lupe has no swag. Kendrick.

Freestyle: Kendrick is a good off the top freestyler but I'll give this to Lupe. He's GREAT at it.

Storytelling: Kendrick.

End of the day, even Lupe will tell you he's not good at emoting, which Kendrick is great at. Kendrick has managed to connect with people more, and make better MUSIC overall, because of this. He's not sitting in a studio obsessing over how he can outsmart hood nikkas. He almost never delves into corny territory because even at his most on-the-nose, his emotions cut through. Mortal Man could have been a terrible song in the wrong hands (J Cole). It's the closest Kendrick has gotten to corny on a serious track, and he still pulled it off.

The funny thing is Kendrick explained this years ago:

I know some rappers using big words
To make their similes curve
My simplest shyt be more pivotal
:yeshrug: