Kovalev vs Ward (All Punches Landed)

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
...the reason kovalev lost is simple

he doesn't have an inside game...

I mean I have seen these kinds of decisions time and time again where a fighter dominates early but for whatever reason doesn't finish his opponent and lets them hang around for decisions

most recent example would be zab vs malinagie
and an other would be de la hoya vs trinidad

the reason is usually based on some kinda of issue like not having an inside game in the case of kovalev

kovalev is basically at a lost when his opponent is not on the outside where he can tee off and pick them apart

if you watch the fight any time ward got close kovalev would initiate a clinch and try to walk ward backwards

he did that for practically the whole fight

judges arent gonna be nice to any fighter who lets their opponent hang around for ten rounds after having them on the ropes

to wards credit...that was just an unbelievable display of mettle plus the bodywork he was doing on the inside lowkey fukked kovalev up

so kovalev should have done what he is known for...that is be the 'krusher' and 'crush' ward and not let him hang around for ten more rounds and had him looking bad

an other issue too is for ward to decide whether or not he wants to stay at 175 cause a huge part of his game which is reliant on hand speed was almost non-existent i the kovalev fight

guys who rely on countering need hand speed which diminishes as fighters move up

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I mean I have seen these kinds of decisions time and time again where a fighter dominates early but for whatever reason doesn't finish his opponent and lets them hang around for decisions

the reason is usually based on some kinda of issue like not having an inside game in the case of kovalev

kovalev is basically at a lost when his opponent is not on the outside where he can tee off and pick them apart

if you watch the fight any time ward got close kovalev would initiate a clinch and try to walk ward backwards

judges arent gonna be nice to any fighter who lets their opponent hang around for ten rounds after having them on the ropes

to wards credit...that was just an unbelievable display of mettle plus the bodywork he was doing on the inside lowkey fukked kovalev up

so kovalev should have done what he is known for...that is be the 'krusher' and 'crush' ward and not let him hang around for ten more rounds and looking bad
Sounds nice but I don't think crushing Ward was ever realistic. Even the knockdown itself was more of a timing issue rather than a punishment issue.

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
Sounds nice but I don't think crushing Ward was ever realistic. Even the knockdown itself was more of a timing issue rather than a punishment issue.

getting a decision over him would'nt have been either so:francis:

kovolev needs to improve his inside game....theres no getting around that

and the knockdown had nothing to do with timing but power

kovolev got some mustard on those hands...he should of finished ward and not let him hang around for ten rounds :manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Distance and timing and he didn't throw his right, right.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

so kovalev should have done what he is known for...that is be the 'krusher' and 'crush' ward and not let him hang around for ten more rounds and looking bad

The feeling when you knew what's a fighter's mistakes years before they got exposed while his fans viewed him as a perfect fighter. :banderas:

To Kovalev's credit he actually showed at least something on the inside on the first half, Ward got a harder job bullying him than I though which can be also because Kovalev ended up being clearly the bigger man in the ring so it was hard to bully him.

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
Kovalev won that fight.
I thought so on first viewing but my stream messed up for the early rounds and during a few swing rounds. I think what swayed the judges was Ward landing the cleaner shots from round 5 and on. Dude hit Kovalev with some haymakers in the gut that would've made any normal man die instantly.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Kovalev had him on spaghetti legs in the first and had a knock down in the second, and continued to rock Ward throughout the fight.

I really thought that Ward was some type of untouchable Boxing God, the way he was being hyped. That's what made me watch the fight.

He was overhyped, because Kovalev was touching him with ease and devastating consequences. Ward was fighting an "MMA Fight" clinching for dear life.

I don't know why boxers are given 10 seconds to recoup after a knock down, the other fighter should be allowed to finish the fight. It is better for the brain to get one last KO blow than to sustain an accumulation of headshots for a longer period of time.
:what:

Shut the fukk up and :camby: out the ring breh :dahell: go post in the MMA threads, you have literally no understanding of what you're saying.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kovalev had him on spaghetti legs in the first and had a knock down in the second, and continued to rock Ward throughout the fight.

I really thought that Ward was some type of untouchable Boxing God, the way he was being hyped. That's what made me watch the fight.

He was overhyped, because Kovalev was touching him with ease and devastating consequences. Ward was fighting an "MMA Fight" clinching for dear life.

I don't know why boxers are given 10 seconds to recoup after a knock down, the other fighter should be allowed to finish the fight. It is better for the brain to get one last KO blow than to sustain an accumulation of headshots for a longer period of time.

Ward been down before so I dunno where this boxing God shyt came from. You sound like a fool man. He lost the early rounds then proceeded to beat Kovalev every round after 6.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lomachenko can't talk until he beats Salido..
How am I a fool when a lot of professional boxers believe that Kovalev won that fight? Is Vasyl Lomachenko also an "idiot who doesn't know anything about boxing" for saying that Kovalev won that fight?

You people are some funny characters. You can't handle any opinion that is different from yours.

They fought 12 rounds, and you stated, Ward started winning after round 6. That means at best Ward drew the fight. If you are going to to choose a winner, it has to be Kovalev.

Ward was doing the noodle leg dance. Ward was knocked down. Ward's face was way more busted up than Kovalev. Kovalev looked fresh in the post-fight interviews, while Ward looked battered and bruised.

Conclusion, get your math straight. How do you win a 12 round fight if at best you only won 6 rounds. Then, if the judges are not going to declare a draw, how can the winner be the guy with pillow fists (compare to his opponent) who was forced to do the noodle leg dance and was knocked down.