LA Bringin' Hollywood & Shay Shay to Bluff City | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Grizzlies (#2) 1st Round Series Thread

YOUR WINNER..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
After a wild Play-In game, the Lakers find themselves headed to Memphis for this series with the #2 seeded Grizzlies.

Memphis comes in to the postseason wounded with two of their key big men, Brandon Clarke and Steven Adams, out for the rest of this season. An already young team will need to rely on young players such as Santi Aldama, Kenneth Lofton, and Xavier Tillman to give Defensive Player of the Year candidate Jaren Jackson more help on the interior.

Ja Morant headlines the battle of the backcourts. He has returned to action over the last several weeks since his off court exploits in Colorado became headline news. Memphis has great depth in the backcourt and added shooting on the wing with Luke Kennard coming at the deadline.

The Lakers have turned their season around with a more balanced roster following deals with Washington for Rui Hachimura, and the 3-team deal with Utah and Minnesota which has given more spacing and defensive resistance to assist LeBron and AD.

But make no mistake, Darvin Ham's inexperience as a HC, despite his championship pedigree, has shown all season and he will be relying on his two championship players to pull off an upset in this series.

Will the young Grizzlies be poised enough to dispatch a team they should beat? Or will they falter as they did last postseason?

Los-Angeles-Lakers-Logo-1976.png

-------------------------VS-------------------------
wfqcjco7l6431.jpg

Projected Lineups :

1626156.png
1629630.png

1630559.png
1630217.png

1629020.png
1628379.png

2544.png
1628415.png

203076.png
1628991.png

GRIZZ:
@triplehate
@Keengcong
@thaKEAF
@Barry Sanders
@RiffRaff
@tr2k

@holidayinn21
@Hoodoo Child
@A Tribe Called Quest ™

LWO
@2Quik4UHoes
@CantStop
@-DMP-
@-YDB-
@2meo
@7Revo
@A Man Called Hawk
@ANNE FRANK
@BarNone
@Bishop KG Dinero
@bl2k8
@Black Ball
@Broke Wave
@BrothaZay
@CanesMiamiLakers
@Chill
@DaComingUp
@Desirous
@Don Drogo
@Elle Driver
@FlareBaller5
@Front 2 Back
@gho3st
@GreatestLaker
@H.R. Puff-N-Bluntz
@Hater
@Hersh
@I AM WARHOL
@I'm Chillin
@I.AM.PIFF
@Icantspell
@IGSaint12
@iMajor
@J-purp
@James Carter
@jfkennedy
@JKFrazier
@Kenny_Powers
@Killer Instinct
@Lafraud James
@LL Simon
@Long_Live_The_Kane
@MacDaddy
@macpat
@martin payne
@mistergarrison
@Mr. Foxx Foxx
@MustafaSTL
@Newzz
@Nima0614
@Nolookpass
@O.T.I.S.
@Phoenix_Knightly23
@PimpstarP
@Premeditated
@PTBG
@Real
@really
@Recca Gatsby
@Regular_P
@Rekkapryde
@ROFL_GUY
@seanb85
@Silkk
@SkiHatDaGawd
@Slob On My Knob
@StackMoney
@StarClout
@Super Cheech
@T-K-G
@Teal.
@The God Poster
@TheMaster
@TheNig
@theoretic
@The_Unchosen_One
@TooLazyToMakeUp1
@Torrential
@Trece
@Trojan 24
@TYBG
@unstoppable589
@vegetarybrownrice
@verbaltelekinesis
@West Coast Avenger
@Yay Yay @Yessir_Araphat
@Young Nique
@Zabi

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The key is gonna be the AD/JJJ matchup. If AD goes after JJJ and gets him into foul trouble on the regular, LA will win this series. If AD is passive and JJJ plays 36 minutes a game, the Grizzlies will win.

Rui should be starting over Vando in this series and going forward. Vando has no confidence offensively. Can't catch passes, can't finish and can't shoot.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Memphis in 6. If AD shows up the way he can then it should be Lakers in 7 but I don't trust him. Memphis are more of a threat to come out of the west than people think although Steve Adams is a big loss:manny:

Daps
The key is gonna be the AD/JJJ matchup. If AD goes after JJJ and gets him into foul trouble on the regular, LA will win this series. If AD is passive and JJJ plays 36 minutes a game, the Grizzlies will win.

Rui should be starting over Vando in this series and going forward. Vando has no confidence offensively. Can't catch passes, can't finish and can't shoot.
I don't think the AD/JJJ matchup will even matter.

The Grizzlies have too much vitality, versatility, shooting and cohesion to let a team like the Lakers beat them. Memphis is pretty much the worst matchup for them given they have little-to-no advantages; you can't even say they're a more experienced team as a unit, which is what a LeBron-led team typically has in their favor.

They're just going to be completely overwhelmed over the course of a series.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't think the AD/JJJ matchup will even matter.

The Grizzlies have too much vitality, versatility, shooting and cohesion to let a team like the Lakers beat them. Memphis is pretty much the worst matchup for them given they have little-to-no advantages; you can't even say they're a more experienced team as a unit, which is what a LeBron-led team typically has in their favor.

They're just going to be completely overwhelmed over the course of a series.
If JJJ is in foul trouble, it's gonna be a red carpet to the rim and on the boards for the Lakers.