LA Bringin' Hollywood & Shay Shay to Bluff City | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Grizzlies (#2) 1st Round Series Thread

YOUR WINNER..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
If JJJ is in foul trouble, it's gonna be a red carpet to the rim and on the boards for the Lakers.
Lakers can't be trusted to take advantage of anything in a series. You're putting far too much weight into what they can do, in theory, rather than what they've shown, in reality. It just took them OT to beat a T'Wolves team without its two best defenders, arguably their best bench player and their star player having a career-worst game.

They simply don't have the personnel to make the Grizzlies bend the knee.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Memphis in 4....not a gentlemans sweep but a straight up sweepy sweep. They fixin to manhandle and maul the Lakers....they might win by double digits in every game of this series.

The Lakers done shown yall what type of team they are.... hot garbage, i mean they are a slightly better quality of garbage than they were when they still had Russ and Pat Bev, but all that Pelinka praise bout to come to a screeching halt with this series.

AD and Lebron both holding the Lakers young guns back when the whole team should be running more....Lebron steady trying to do his best Steph impersonation, when he start with the mouth piece and taking all those late game threes?!! Everything good happens for them when he penetrates. AD won't show up and even if he does it's gonna be to much Memphis run n gun for a team that plays very little to zero defense.

AD ain't gonna want no parts of a younger, stronger, more athletic and more heart center in JJJ who i think will play extremely well. You say but JJJ gets into foul trouble? Won't matter when they'll be up by 20 points in the first half. I think the Grizzlies still remember that last game with the Shay Shay altercation, will use that as bulletin board material and take personal pride in burying the Lakers. They gonna have total confidence that the Lakers ain't got nothing for them by the time they get to LA.

Should have gave up in this play-in and tried to get in as the 8th seed to face the Nugs. If LA gets one game off them i'll be shocked.

Last edited:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps

Dillon Brooks gon be D'ing up Bron body to body like a trehbronsexual

:wow:

katt-williams-hustling.gif

:mjlol:
:dame:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lakers can't be trusted to take advantage of anything in a series. You're putting far too much weight into what they can do, in theory, rather than what they've shown, in reality. It just took them OT to beat a T'Wolves team without its two best defenders, arguably their best bench player and their star player having a career-worst game.

They simply don't have the personnel to make the Grizzlies bend the knee.
They went 2-1 against them during the regular season. The Grizzlies are not a juggernaut.

I would not be surprised at all if Memphis wins this series; they should be favored. This is a good matchup for the Lakers though with Adams and Clarke out.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Lakers actually get some rest before this starts. They were world beaters until this small stretch of games.

Seems like they run the same D as the Bucks where paint protection is prioritized and they sprint out to contest 3s. Bron doesn't always get out as quick it seems lol.

Ja is gonna have a harder time getting in the paint but if guys like Bane and Kennard can hit shots it'll open things up.

JJJ also needs to stay out of foul trouble because he's needed against AD.

Right now Grizzles in 6.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
The Adams miss is hardly a big one, he's always been weak in the playoffs when the game is much more half court. I remember against the Wolves and Warriors last year he wasn't just unplayable...they actually didn't play him. He was out of the rotation.

Clarke is the miss, not Adams.

Lakers win this if
a) Lebron plays like before the injury, its so obvious hes not right...how fit is he?

b) Lakers and especially AD get Jaren Jackson in foul trouble like the Warriors did last year.

c) most importantly perhaps, if the Lakers draw off Ja and let him shoot rather than attack the paint. The 28 point quarter Ja had against the Lakers this year was the dumbest coaching and game planning I've seen.

X factors: Rui and Kennard. They can swing the series. Reaves v Bane match up will also be huge.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Memphis in 4....not a gentlemans sweep but a straight up sweepy sweep. They fixin to manhandle and maul the Lakers....they might win by double digits in every game of this series.

The Lakers done shown yall what type of team they are.... hot garbage, i mean they are a slightly better quality of garbage than they were when they still had Russ and Pat Bev, but all that Pelinka praise bout to come to a screeching halt with this series.

AD and Lebron both holding the Lakers young guns back when the whole team should be running more....Lebron steady trying to do his best Steph impersonation, when he start with the mouth piece and taking all those late game threes?!! Everything good happens for them when he penetrates. AD won't show up and even if he does it's gonna be to much Memphis run n gun for a team that plays very little to zero defense.

AD ain't gonna want no parts of a younger, stronger, more athletic and more heart center in JJJ who i think will play extremely well. You say but JJJ gets into foul trouble? Won't matter when they'll be up by 20 points in the first half. I think the Grizzlies still remember that last game with the Shay Shay altercation, will use that as bulletin board material and take personal pride in burying the Lakers. They gonna have total confidence that the Lakers ain't got nothing for them by the time they get to LA.

Should have gave up in this play-in and tried to get in as the 8th seed to face the Nugs. If LA gets one game off them i'll be shocked.
This is exactly why I predict a memphis sweep

I thought the Lakers might've been better off living with the chance of playing Denver also. Memphis going to treat this series as their championship and play every game like there's no tomorrow. If they win this series and lose in the 2nd round, to them that's a successful season. Real dangerous.