Legalized Pot Was Supposed to Help Build Black Wealth in Los Angeles. It Failed.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I didn't read the article, but how was this supposed to build Black wealth?

You have to go thru all sort of loopholes and qualifications, and have facilities to legally grow and sell mrijuana.

It's not feasible for even the average person. Much less a breh possibly from the streets.

At best, what this does is avoid getting arrested for possession, which is still a big positive.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

You have to go thru all sort of loopholes and qualifications, and have facilities to legally grow and sell mrijuana.

It's not feasible for even the average person. Much less a breh possibly from the streets.

At best, what this does is avoid getting arrested for possession, which is still a big positive.

That’s the point it wasnt supposed to be so hard for black folks in LA to get a license through the social equity program. Read the article when you have time it’s interesting when you consider LA is the capital of the weed shyt. If we can’t get it right here it looks dim for black folks around the country wanting to get in.

Last edited:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
How to read without paying on mobile?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Ive been meaning to discuss this.
This whole idea of legalized marijuana being reparations and building black wealth doesnt work simply because look at how many Black people own dispensaries PERIOD in America compared to just White People in California
:dwillhuh:
Its legit depressing.
All this money from legal MJ and 90%+ of it is going to white people's generational wealth...
:martin:
None of it is going to Black people.
It truly angers me.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
That’s the point it wasnt supposed to be so hard for black folks in LA to get a license through the social equity program. Read the article when you have time it’s interesting when you consider LA is the capital of the weed shyt. If we can’t get it right here it looks dim for black folks around the country wanting to get in.
Black people have so many hurdles to even try to secure licensing, property; grow rooms; zoning restrictions, etc.

White people run the game and they do everything to price Black people out. So how the hell is this "reparations"? Its like a really cruel joke to call it so.

White people are making BILLIONS from legal MJ. .and Black folks still getting locked up for it.

:martin:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
The industry is hampered by the existing murkiness of its legal status on the federal level

They need to make it legal federally so businesses can access the banking system and the industry can grow

Additionally the pricing is out of whack nobody is going to pay triple what the underground market offers

And the supply out paces the demand by a large amount

As far as black people.. let's fix the inherent problems with the industry before we dive into a sinking ship.. no point to go out of business before the shyt ever really started

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

TheColi.com