Legalized Pot Was Supposed to Help Build Black Wealth in Los Angeles. It Failed.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
:ohhh:

At least California it's possible for brehs to get in. My state only gave out a handful of licenses to growers and a small % was allotted for minorities and the only breh was......a dude who damn near a billionaire and lives in Victoria Island Lagos half the year and London the other half :dead:
So a NIGERIAN built wealth.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
So a NIGERIAN built wealth.
Yea how about building wealth for BLACK AMERICANS specifically? Thats what legalized MJ was supposed to do.

Just a handful of Black Americans and a few Africans getting money off legal MJ really shows people this was not that solution these tonedeaf white libruls thought it would be.

Edit: I am Nigerian first gen American/i have no horse in the reparations race.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I watched Murder Mountain a couple years ago, and it highlighted that the weed industry is tough to break into even for white growers. So you know it'd be double the trouble for our folk. The article in the OP is a good read though, focusing on corrupted Black folks in government looking out for their own at the expense of those who could benefit from social equity programs. The elite blacks are often enough not your kinfolk.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ca weed industry is barely profitable for most, how long will it last?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That’s the point it wasnt supposed to be so hard for black folks in LA to get a license through the social equity program. Read the article when you have time it’s interesting when you consider LA is the capital of the weed shyt. If we can’t get it right here it looks dim for black folks around the country wanting to get in.
YEP nikkaS WERE SUPPOSED
TO BE THE 1ST IN LINE
BUT IT WAS ALL A DEMOCRATIC SCAM.

When Illinois legalized recreational marijuana, lawmakers promised those who were harmed by the war on drugs would be able to cash in. That is not what happened.

Despite Illinois Promise State Lacks Black-Owned Cannabis Dispensaries
:devil:
:evil:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dope series on Netflix about the loopholes and costs to get into the cannabis business.

it only helped the rich and those with the resources get richer

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Long enough for big money to take it over once Uncle Sam gives the nod

This is all by design they want to ensure who the winners are and price out the others

facts. And seeing how the quality of weed has gone down considerably in five years tells us that corporations are firmly entrenched already.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:ohhh:

At least California it's possible for brehs to get in. My state only gave out a handful of licenses to growers and a small % was allotted for minorities and the only breh was......a dude who damn near a billionaire and lives in Victoria Island Lagos half the year and London the other half :dead:
Could be white or middle eastern there a lot of them in Nigeria with money. I think one of the richest Nigerians is some middle eastern dude
Gilbert Chagoury - Wikipedia

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Black entertainers have no excuse IMO. They had every resource available and squandered it. The average black entrepreneur was never going to thrive on this. At least the entertainers would have the reach.

Jay-Z helped two black women open a dispensary. They were getting fukked over by the city until Hov came in and worked his connections.