let's discuss social anxiety brehs

africngiant

All Star
Daps
i never got external validation like that growing up mixed with negative reinforcement, so it ruined me. my anxiety is pretty bad so i’ll usually just mask it with a permanent jaded look and aloof behavior.

the only time i‘ll go completely calm and don’t gaf is when im angry about something in my day for some reason. i get no more pits in my stomach about anything and finally feel invincible. i nearly got shot arguing with 3 nikkas last month.

i don’t smoke anymore, so that’s out of the picture. does anyone here take ashwaganda supplements?

i wish i could hold on to that feeling from when i was young and carefree

Last edited:

KRayner

All Star
Daps
how'd you deal with it?

eventually made friends an opened up slowly, i also met my best friend in FL and he’s extremely extroverted so I feel like that helped since we grew up through middle and high school together

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I've dealt with crippling anxiety and depression for the better part of 15 years.
:wow:
Yall don't even know how I've even managed to stay alive.
Sorry for the self quote but I had a revelation. Some mental illness can be triggered by traumatic events.
For me, it was getting jumped on the way to college party at Pitt September of 2007.
That summer I had spent my time in NYC, then had fun DJing and felt swagged out...
That night was the worst night of my life. Hands down.
Me and a friend (who I'm no longer friends with because of this) were on the way to this party I had some weed to spark up when we got there...and to make this short ran into these 5 brehs that were looking for weed. I figured I could make some quick money and smoke. So I tried to sell them a nickel bag. Dude took my weed and walked off, I grabbed him by the shoulder and he just clocked me with a right hook. I grabbed hin by the collar and hit back with a right...next thing you know I'm getting beat left and right.

My friend who I was with...RAN...5 blocks...to a bar.
:martin:

I ran into this college party all bloodied to escape this beatdown, girls were screaming and it ruined my night. But if I didn't run into that crowd ( i did it knowing the wouldn't follow me) i would of died that night (they had guns).

I remember having to get stitches and I still have the scar...and it took weeks for it to heal. I had to go to class with my eye swollen shut and a bandage on it and it killed the energy I had from the summer. People would be looking at me weird in class too...it made me not want to talk to people and I fell into a deep depression.

Ever since that moment, I had this pent up hostility and rage for my friend bailing on me and leaving out to die in that situation. Didn't help that years after that when I was homeless he refused to help me out either. Fell out with him 6 years ago. Told him never to call me again.

He tried calling me months ago and I went ballistic. I had finally managed to have some peace and stability in my life, and here he was calling me and then I was reminded of that horrible night. I cussed him out, told him never call me again, and said I would never forgive him for leaving me out to get jumped and running to a bar. Then he blocked me.

He didn't even back me up...i know if my friends get into some shyt I got their back...he just ran to a bar...
:snoop:

I just wanted to share that because I know for some trauma can be a root cause for mental illness, depression, anxiety, etc...

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Never dealt with social anxiety in general but I had to cut back on smoking weed at certain points in my life because some strains made me paranoid/anxious as a mfer. I managed it by controlling my environment. Switched up to only smoking around people I was real cool with and mostly at my spot not random kick backs or parties where there’s people I didn’t really know like that. I hope y’all find a way to work through it.

Taco

All Star
Daps
A lot of people don’t believe when I say I’m an introvert. I’m out going when I need to be, but it takes a lot of effort. Eye contact and hyper focusing on what the other person is saying helps a lot. My career involves talking to people everyday while trying to build rapport with them. Like Lebron’s favorite saying “put yourself in uncomfortable situations” :troll:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think if you have serious social anxiety you should consult with a doctor/therapist and see if drugs work for you.

do not watch some dumbass youtube video posted on thecoli and take advice from it.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
i think if you have serious social anxiety you should consult with a doctor/therapist and see if drugs work for you.

do not watch some dumbass youtube video posted on thecoli and take advice from it.

This. Too many nikkas too proud for that shyt and admit they got a problem. Alot of sistas I know been takin care of they mental properly over the years. Brothas still laggin behind and the ego is a big part of it. Mental health issues are a real issue.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
eventually a feeling of mortality kicks in and you realize if you don't change your whole life will pass you by. Then you die and that's it, no second chances.

it was easier to romanticize being solo dolo when I was young, plus it was more fun getting baked and fukking around on the internet back in the day. it wasn't as negative and political, not as much clout chasing and idiocy. now a mf gotta go outside to escape the internet