Lifting brahs. What's your favorite routine?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was gonna post in "the gym" but I feel like more people that lift roam here than there.

I'm looking for a new routine. Been on a push-pull-legs (3x5 mostly) routine, 6 days a week and made good gains but have stalled.

What routines did you guys do that gave you the best gains?

The guys in the locker room do cardio, yoga, and pilates.

90 percent of the people who primarily post in this section have no idea what "push-pull" means.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Bench press, power clean, and squat If you tryna get big
Yeah I do. I'm not a beginner either. It just is hard to find a good split between the time in the gym and the payoff. Been on the ppl for like 5 months now.

i been about this gym life for a minute so my M.O. is HIGH weight, low reps for max hypertrophy... i'm 6'2", 220 right now.

if you're a beginner, increase reps accordingly (e.g. - 4 x 10, 4 x 8, 3 x 10, etc.). but below will get you right.

quickest way to sustained gains: NO ALCOHOL.

but here it is--

chest/biceps

incline bench (5x5)
decline bench (5x5)
dips (10 x 8) [100 lbs]
dumbbell curl (5 x 8)
hammer curl (5 x 8)
barbell curl (5 x 8)

threw flat bench in the bushes... places way too much strain on the shoulder muscles and joint. but before that, i was doing 265 lbs (5x5)

back/triceps

barbell row :noah: (5x5)
low row (5x5)
lat pulldown (5x5)
barbell shrugs (5x10)
machine row (5x5)

tricep pulldown (5 x 8)
close grip bench (5x8)
one arm pulldown or puldown with flat bar (5 x 8)

legs shoulders

squats (5 x 5)
deads (5x5) :whew:

walking lunges (5 x 8)

hamstring curl ( 5 x 8)

shoulder press, shoulder barbell raise and shoulder flies are all (5 x 8)

Explain this to me brah. I think this is why ice stalled. Doing High volume on my ppl really keeps me from adding weight to the exercises at the end of the workout.

Like I get to the point where as I'm getting stronger it has a bigger toll on my body. So the I'm progressing on the first two compounds but the last 4-5 exercises I'm at the same weight or even less weight. Muscles are worn by the end.

Should I just do less weight and focus less on adding weight to my first compounds? Or do I need to my my workouts twice as long with hella rest?

Daps
Reppin
St louis
500 pushups in reps of 100.
300 curls in reps of 50 with 60lb. dumbells (on each arm)
200 pench presses in reps of 20 with 150lb bar.
half hour on the heavy bag.
jog and drink a gallon of water....
(6 days a week)
on sunday i'm a bum that eat whatever i want.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
500 pushups in reps of 100.
300 curls in reps of 50 with 60lb. dumbells (on each arm)
200 pench presses in reps of 20 with 150lb bar.
half hour on the heavy bag.
jog and drink a gallon of water....
(6 days a week)
on sunday i'm a bum that eat whatever i want.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

Breh your form must be terrible if youre doing 50 db curls with no break at 60 pounds

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Yeah I do. I'm not a beginner either. It just is hard to find a good split between the time in the gym and the payoff. Been on the ppl for like 5 months now.

Explain this to me brah. I think this is why ice stalled. Doing High volume on my ppl really keeps me from adding weight to the exercises at the end of the workout.

Like I get to the point where as I'm getting stronger it has a bigger toll on my body. So the I'm progressing on the first two compounds but the last 4-5 exercises I'm at the same weight or even less weight. Muscles are worn by the end.

Should I just do less weight and focus less on adding weight to my first compounds? Or do I need to my my workouts twice as long with hella rest?

naw, you want to build your endurance and stamina, so 1 -2 minute breaks for most exercises. i usually push the 3 to 5 min mark if i'm doing heavy deadlifts or squats, though.

my workouts were taking pretty long at one point, and what i did was just try to gradually cut down my rest period in between sets. 1:30 is a happy medium for me.

re: muscle fatigue... what's your caloric intake looking like? carb loading within reason before workout can help with that. even a little caffiene and then there's creatine cycling that can help if you're getting fatigued later on... but you will put on water weight.

i wouldn't go down in weight of exercises. one thing i do too wit machine exercises is go at a higher weight with a limited ROM for a few reps to just build up to that point. it makes a weight below that seem much easier to do.

lowkey0z

Veteran
Daps
bar RDL's are my shyt right now, dead-lifts are up there too..i'm still trying to get used to cleans

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Research and try out your own workouts tailored to you fam

The next nikka workout may or may not work for you depending on a lot of factors

Go to the gym, have some type of plan, eat clean and stay consistent then you'll be good breh

Just remember form over weight. Keep your form proper

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
naw, you want to build your endurance and stamina, so 1 -2 minute breaks for most exercises. i usually push the 3 to 5 min mark if i'm doing heavy deadlifts or squats, though.

my workouts were taking pretty long at one point, and what i did was just try to gradually cut down my rest period in between sets. 1:30 is a happy medium for me.

re: muscle fatigue... what's your caloric intake looking like? carb loading within reason before workout can help with that. even a little caffiene and then there's creatine cycling that can help if you're getting fatigued later on... but you will put on water weight.

i wouldn't go down in weight of exercises. one thing i do too wit machine exercises is go at a higher weight with a limited ROM for a few reps to just build up to that point. it makes a weight below that seem much easier to do.

Ight. Preciate ya mayne.

I've lifted for years so I'm not new, I've cut the workout down but haven't been getting my reps like I was towards the end particually after bench and dips for push and pull-ups/bb rows.

Either the reps become hard to maintain good form and shake while reppin or I'm hitting failure. With more rest I was ok and making more gains. But I can't spent an hr and half+ in the gym 6 days a week. So I cut it down to close to an hr.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Research and try out your own workouts tailored to you fam

The next nikka workout may or may not work for you depending on a lot of factors

Go to the gym, have some type of plan, eat clean and stay consistent then you'll be good breh

Just remember form over weight. Keep your form proper
Yeah bro. Thx. Form is A1 until the end. Diet could be cleaner.

I like to tailor shyt but I didn't wanna do too much. I was into full body splits 3x a week the past year, so going back into splits is a learning experience all over again.

I'll take the advice and lower the weights towards the end and keep form.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah bro. Thx. Form is A1 until the end. Diet could be cleaner.

I like to tailor shyt but I didn't wanna do too much. I was into full body splits 3x a week the past year, so going back into splits is a learning experience all over again.

I'll take the advice and lower the weights towards the end and keep form.

The weight numbers will come with proper form, injuries come with lifting without good form. Marathon, not a race

Take and pick shyt from different workouts, experiment and find something tailored to you and ya personal situation. Stay consistent then keep learning and growing from there

MF budz

All Star
Daps
I've been doing the fierce 5 for a month and seeing gains and overall adding weight to my workouts . 5lbs every week to upper body and 10lbs to lower body. Then when I start to plateu I'm going to go to a split. I've wanted to go to a split for awhile but I still feel like I can get these gains from F5. Egg whites and oatmeal every morning maybe some toast and pb too will help the carb load.