Lionsgate Is Developing an Action-Drama Film on Yasuke - The First Black Samurai: Chad Boseman As Ya

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
It did sound ill...

up until this part at the end

Sold into slavery after black kingdom falls :mjpls:
in the care of an italian missionary :mjpls:
"They formed a bond" :mjpls::mjpls:

Hopefully the movie starts off with the brotha already in japan and we can skip most of that... background story :mjpls:
How sway. Italy failed in colonizing east Africa. They better fukk up outta here with that bs :heh:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Chadwick Boseman to Star in Samurai Drama 'Yasuke'
10:23 AM PDT 5/7/2019 by Etan Vlessing

• EMAIL ME

Paul Drinkwater/NBCUniversal via Getty Images

The 'Black Panther' star is set to play the first black samurai to serve a warlord in Japan in the period action pic.
Chadwick Boseman is set to star in the action dramaYasuke as an African samurai warrior, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Boseman will play the role of a Yasuke, the Japanese name for a samurai of African origin who fought under a Japanese warlord Oda Nobunaga during the 1580s. The period action drama is based on the historical tale of the only known African to reach the samurai ranking in feudal Japan.

"The legend of Yasuke is one of history's best kept secrets, the only person of non-Asian origin to become a Samurai. That's not just an action movie, that’s a cultural event, an exchange, and I am excited to be part of it," Boseman said in a statement.

The Yasuke movie adaptation will be produced by Eric Feig's Picturestart, De Luca Productions, Solipsist & X●ception Content. Michael De Luca and Stephen L’Heureux earlier were developing the film as a co-production between Solipsist Films and De Luca Productions in partnership with Lionsgate.

De Luca, L’Heureux, Boseman and Logan Coles will now share the producer credits. Doug Miro (Narcos) is penning the screenplay for the period drama.

Boseman, who is repped by Michael Greene & Associates and Management 360, also appears as T'Challa in Black Panther and Avengers: Endgame.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Any names?
I know he was in Gunshi Kanbei for sure. Maybe Sanadamaru too. I know there might be one or two more, but I can't remember at the top of my head, although I remember he was in the Nobunaga Concerto anime also for a brief appearance. In any case, the character never had a significant role though. He was mainly shown as a bodyguard for Nobunaga Oda, but I thought it was cool that he was even portrayed at all, considering the shows are aimed at a Japanese audience.