ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in Germany at the time in the army when I heard of little brother if I can remember...... I was on my early Kanye wave and I heard that one joint they did together.... Then I heard phonte then got hooked on 9th then I heard the flames that was the listening ..... Just magic

Love that movement

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
It gets no realer than this
Its
Tay and Elzhi dropping that definitive shyt
This should have been a double album commemorative disc
Cause hip-hop might need us
And in your town, no telling where you might see us
My whole team coming through in tees and wife beaters
Out, doin their damn thing like beavers
Yo, its P to the H-O, I finish the job
Plus my Dominican Broad
Making me chili con queso

rhymes for days !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Was just bumping their albums in the whip on friday. I first heard that back in 05' maybe 06' i was 20-21 back then. I remember my best friend put me on to Little Brother. He let me hear some tracks from "The Minstrel Show" I kid u not that shyt made me go from a mainstream head to stricky underground ever since.

That album completely shifted my consciousness and made me more aware. Fukking life changing shyt. Just the way I think and everything.

I eventually snatches up everything Little Brother. But mostly The Listening, Chitin Circuit 1.5, and The first 2 Foreign Exchange albums. Plus the "And Justus For All" and "Separate But Equal" mixtapes. I can play all of that shyt straight thru. No skips at all.

I say all that to say Little Brother was our Tribe Called Quest, our OutKast, our De La Soul, our EPMD etc. I can't stress that enough. If they would have dropped around 2010-2012 they probably would have had more of a buzz. It's a shame how nobody hasn't caught on. And just overlooked them in their own state at that. And the break up of the group hurt a n1ggas soul.

I urge ya all to go on iTunes or stitcher and listen to the Where's My 40 Acres Podcast where they recently reviewed "The Listening" and "The Minstrel Show" in its entirety. 2 of the best reviews I've heard in a long time.
the power of music:wow:

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listened to this album not that long ago. Still as good as when it dropped. That was a great time for me being a listener. I was in High School really forming my taste in music, and LB came at the right time to go along with Lupe and Kanye. Not to mention, all the good music I discovered in relation to them and the Justus League, the 9th Wonder collab albums, Foreign Exchange, etc.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Real talk the first LB song I ever heard was "Whatever You Say," but I didn't complete a full round of the Listening until after the Minstrel show came out.

same here, i caught whatever you say because i was searching for some new pete rock rare joints to add to my collection in 2004 and i found some cat named 9th wonder and i like "who the fukk is that" and i was blown away. little brother is literally the only group that got the "everyman" rap correct. alot of their "sons" are corny as fukk and you never really relate to them. Little brother wasnt about falling in love with strippers and pretending to be the best rappers, them nikkas was your everyday workin at the retail store, payin child support, going through a divorce, come to your crib on fight night and chop it up type dudes. They were NEVER corny and their beat selection was unquestionable.