Lonely Island return for new film: Popstar - Never Stop Never Stopping

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
well there are so many more outlets now, that some truly good comedic voices will sqeek through, but i look at the shyt that my little cousins find hysterical and it's not even a joke in any capacity. also, meme culture is crap. for every 200 crying Jordans posted, 2 or 3 are truly creative. also, with the internet, everyone is just stealing their shyt anyway. if you read a truly great joke on twitter, wait a week, then search for that joke, 1000 people will have made it their own.
I agree with all of this.
But I never know what to make of the fact that some random 23 year old at home is funnier on twitter than Chris Rock, Bill Burr, Judd Apatow etc combined. It's just words, right? Why would the format matter that much? Comedians should dominate social media, not some random civilians...

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I like Lonely Islabd but I thought this movie was a waste of money.

It was funny but just not a movie you watch in the theatres if you know what I mean.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Wanna see this. Their albums crack me up

And the Rapper cameos were hilarious in the trailer (Nas, RZA, 50)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
this movie was friggin great, and it flopped hard. i have a theory. comedy is dying a slow death thanks to the new generation of kids/teens watching horrificially unfunny bullshyt on youtube and vine. I weep for the future of comedy in film, b/c that generation is gonna fukkin ruin it. i don't think "smart comedy" (and im not saying this movie is really smart) has a much longer life ahead of it.

get off my lawn and whatnot

but seriously, comedies set in the world of music stay underrated. This. Walk Hard. Get Him to the Greek. these are funny ass classic movies to me.

Nope, comedy movies are falling off because the actual film making behind them has become atrocious. 90% of every comedy that comes out now consists of a static shot and any number of people riffing and improvising, stitched together around a shallow plot, then sent into the theater. Just like how superhero movies found their footing as the blockerbuster juggernauts by being genuinely good movies that just happen to be about people in costumes saving the world, eventually someone is going to have to come around with another genuinely good movie that happens to be hilarious. All these comedy movies now are a series of sketch comedy bits roped together for 90 minutes. There is zero reason to see that in the theater.

Todd Phillips did it with The Hangover (first one), maybe he does it again with War Dogs.

If anything, meme culture shows just how lazy these current comedies are. There's no way you can say the popular vine clips are any less inspired than the vast majority of these comedy movies we've gotten the last five or so years.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
This is one of those movies you just don't pay to see

It's like on of those movies you randomly see on Comedy Central

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nope, comedy movies are falling off because the actual film making behind them has become atrocious. 90% of every comedy that comes out now consists of a static shot and any number of people riffing and improvising, stitched together around a shallow plot, then sent into the theater. Just like how superhero movies found their footing as the blockerbuster juggernauts by being genuinely good movies that just happen to be about people in costumes saving the world, eventually someone is going to have to come around with another genuinely good movie that happens to be hilarious. All these comedy movies now are a series of sketch comedy bits roped together for 90 minutes. There is zero reason to see that in the theater.

Todd Phillips did it with The Hangover (first one), maybe he does it again with War Dogs.

If anything, meme culture shows just how lazy these current comedies are. There's no way you can say the popular vine clips are any less inspired than the vast majority of these comedy movies we've gotten the last five or so years.
This is pretty damn accurate

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Movie was funny as shyt. I couldn't enjoy it like I wanted to because me and my lady were arguing before I went to see it.

This is one of those movies you just don't pay to see

It's like on of those movies you randomly see on Comedy Central

This movie can't be on Comedy Central...it would get edited to shyt and the jokes wouldn't hit.