Lonely Island return for new film: Popstar - Never Stop Never Stopping

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Walk Hard is one of the greatest movies ever made, so this isn't an insult. in fact, i watched Walk Hard and Hot Rod after Popstar, and man, all 3 are great to me. Popstar was Walk Hard meets Hot Rod.
i thought Popstar was decent. had a few moments. one thing it has over Walk Hard is that the movie doesnt run too long.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
The statement. I feel like the film was woefully under-promoted. Like they knew it would struggle to find an audience until it hit home video.

:yeshrug:

Maybe you're right. But on my usual online haunts I was seeing/reading a lot about it in the lead-up, and then after it dropped it went quiet.

I didn't even see the usual "X movie flops at the Box Office" for the movie a few days after the weekend debut. It just felt like it came and went.

I'll check it out when it's streaming. Looks like more of a good time killer rather than a good movie.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not GhostBusters bad, but still bad.

This looks like a SNL sketch stretched into a movie. Keanu looks like that too, but it looks funnier.
Watched it a few days back. That's exactly what it ended up being. But it wasn't bad. Definitely a movie to watch with a bunch of people. Sometimes it's fun just to laugh at other people's reactions.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Not GhostBusters bad, but still bad.

This looks like a SNL sketch stretched into a movie. Keanu looks like that too, but it looks funnier.

Watched both of em in the last two weeks and I liked them both, but Keanu definitely felt like sketch that was dragging on.

Popstar was really funny and I agree about Walk Hard, that shyt is a classic. Tim Meadows blessed both movies with a great performance.