Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
why did I buy this shyt? :snoop:

Incompatible list:
  • Alien Shooter
  • Asphalt: Injection
  • Assassin’s Creed Liberation (also available digitally on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
  • DJ Max Technika Tune
  • Dokuro (also on iOS/Android)
  • DragonBall Z Battle of Z (also on Xbox 360 and PS3)
  • Draw Slasher (also on iOS/Android)
  • Dynasty Warriors Next (note: DW8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition is compatible)
  • Escape Plan (also on PS4)
  • Everybody’s Golf 6
  • FIFA 13
  • FIFA 14 – North American French version is incompatible. North American English and Spanish versions ARE compatible
  • flOw (also on PS3 and PS4)
  • Flower (also on PS3 and PS4)
  • Gravity Rush (a.k.a. Gravity Daze)
  • Hatsune Miku Project Diva F (also on PS3) [Project Diva F 2nd is PSTV-compatible]
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (also on PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and PC)
  • Lemmings Touch
  • Little Deviants
  • LittleBigPlanet Vita
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (also on PS3 and Xbox 360, Japanese version is compatible)
  • Metrico
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip
  • Mortal Kombat (also on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)
  • No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either
  • Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
  • orgarhythm (incompatible in Japan, might be compatible in US? To be confirmed)
  • Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (also on PS3)
  • Q*bert: Rebooted (also on PS3 and PS4)
  • Rayman Legends (note: Rayman Origins is compatible)
  • Reality Fighters
  • Resistance: Burning Skies
  • Ridge Racer
  • Samurai & Dragons
  • Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
  • Silent Hill: Book of Memories
  • Sine Mora (also on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC)
  • The Sly Collection (note: Thieves in Time is compatible) (also on PS3)
  • Smart As
  • Soul Sacrifice (Japanese version is compatible) (Soul Sacrifice Delta is compatible)
  • Spy Hunter (also on 3DS)
  • Street Fighter X Tekken (also on PS3 with exclusive characters, 360 and PC)
  • Sumioni: Demon Arts (also on Android)
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Surge Deluxe
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Tearaway
  • Terraria (also on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)
  • Touch My Katamari (Japanese version is compatible)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Unit 13
  • Urban Trial Freestyle (also on PS3)
  • Virtua Tennis 4
  • Wipeout 2048
  • WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship is compatible)
  • Xeodrifter
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta (Japanese version is compatible, XSEED is trying to get the English version patched but has to go through the original Japanese developer Falcom to do so, and this process has no guarantees or ETA)
Japan-only INcompatible games

• Banshee’s Last Cry (a.k.a. Night of the Sickle Weasel), also on iOS in English and various platforms in Japanese
  • Ciel nosurge
  • Moero Chronicle
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 (also on PC)
  • Sakatsuku: Let’s Make a Pro Soccer Club! (also on PS3)
Applications (INcompatible)

• iFruit (GTA 5 companion app)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation Support Application (companion app to PS3 game, Japan only)
  • Netflix (apparently no plans to support the Playstation TV, using Netflix through PS4 Remote Play is also blocked)
  • Niconico
For PSP games, consult the Vita list and follow its rules (e.g. some games require transfer from a PS3), with the following exceptions (the below games will not start and are INcompatible)

• Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
  • Final Fantasy III (generally works but may sporadically flag itself as incompatible and require a redownload/reinstall)
  • Gradius Collection
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  • Sega Genesis Collection
For Playstation Mini titles, almost all seem to be compatible, with the following exception which is INcompatible and doesn’t start:

• Age of Zombies

Is there anything that I can do to maybe hack this thing? I doubt it, but just trying to figure out what to do with it. It was so cheap that I jumped on it and is now basically worthless unless you sell the bundle.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I get use out of it because my Daughter plays the PS4 on it in her room all the time. It's great for that, but the wifi don't work at all.

But it was dirt cheap with that Amazon deal so I had to jump on it, otherwise it's pretty useless.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I just got it for persona 4 golden. It was only $50 :manny:
me too. I also use it to cross play the final fantasy games and other ps1 classics. I think it's great for that. I have a blast playing FF7 on my vita at work then coming home and continuing where i left off on the pstv. Also @Liquid I read the crack was either out or coming out that would allow you to play all vita games on the PSTV.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I get use out of it because my Daughter plays the PS4 on it in her room all the time. It's great for that, but the wifi don't work at all.

But it was dirt cheap with that Amazon deal so I had to jump on it, otherwise it's pretty useless.
The lag for me was unbearable. Even with a wired connection I could never get the PSTV to stream the ps4 well enough to enjoy any game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Incompatible list:

Is there anything that I can do to maybe hack this thing? I doubt it, but just trying to figure out what to do with it. It was so cheap that I jumped on it and is now basically worthless unless you sell the bundle.
I saw a hack thread on neogaf that made all the vita games compatible. I could have sworn I seen a thread on here too about it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Its okay for what it is, like kamikaze said i enjoy using it for ps1 classics and shyt.

But its prety half assed because of the potential of what it could be. Even if they had just let you use netflix and shyt on it and have 1080p

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Its okay for what it is, like kamikaze said i enjoy using it for ps1 classics and shyt.

But its prety half assed because of the potential of what it could be. Even if they had just let you use netflix and shyt on it and have 1080p
That's what I don't understand about it, wasn't this thing initially thrown out there to try to see if it can find a TV streaming audience to go with its gaming library?

I still have my vita so no big deal, but I might just give this thing away.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I always thought about gettin one for downstairs because the ps4 is in the bedroom, and I'd like to stream ps4 games downstairs, but heard bad reviews on lag issues

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Incompatible list:

Man tell me about, regret even buying this fukking thing.

The lag for me was unbearable. Even with a wired connection I could never get the PSTV to stream the ps4 well enough to enjoy any game.

I wish I could get it to work with no lag. I could definitely use the functionality to play the ps4 in other rooms.

That's what I don't understand about it, wasn't this thing initially thrown out there to try to see if it can find a TV streaming audience to go with its gaming library?

I still have my vita so no big deal, but I might just give this thing away.

I think there's a hack for it. Besides that, it's pretty trash.

:mjlol: at you nikkas who bought it. When it was first announced I knew it was gonna be trash because:

1. It can only output up to 720p/1080i. No 1080p on a streaming device being released in 2014!! :mindblown:

2. I didn't trust Sony to put in the effort to get apps on the Playstation TV. Sony's effort has been GARBAGE AF getting apps on the PS4 & PS3 when I compare the amount of notable apps that are available on various streaming devices & on Xbox, but aren't on PlayStation.

3. The PS4 & Playstation TV only supports 2.4 Ghz Wireless-N Wi-Fi. If Sony was fukkING SERIOUS about Remote Play like they made it seem; the PS4 & PS TV/Vita would have Dual-band Wireless-AC Wi-Fi instead.

Last edited: