Looks like DC’s RFK Stadium won’t be a ghost area much longer

Will an NFL stadium return at RFK?

• Total voters

Ruckfonnie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
pg
I never seen those renderings. I like the indoor aspect and the call back to the capital centre/us air arena roof

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Now that dc has developed a ton, RFK is in a perfect spot. It’s actually wild to think they made a stadium in the middle of that small city. But that’s bc it used to be hood. Now RFK is right on prime real estate.

Also flows perfectly into capital hill (whites), H street (black), pg (black), and even Union market (white). Has a metro.

For Landover, everything around that area has been built up. They’re a children’s hospital, there’s ‘Woodmore’ a new bougie young professional black area, new homes, etc.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I live walking distance to Fedex field. Very curious what that area would become. They built the entire surrounding neighborhoods and then-new townhomes centered around the stadium. Names and all. Touchdown drive, victory lane, etc

The area is being drastically developed but that’s a stadium is a huge hole to fill as evident that RFK has been wasting away for 20 years :francis:

:mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I never seen those renderings. I like the indoor aspect and the call back to the capital centre/us air arena roof
Yea but it’s naive to think anyone cares about that. Like they including the Sports and learning complex in the plan like bruh I don’t even know that place’s purpose. What are they thinking. :heh:

They’re trying too hard to make this about community and tradition

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
I live walking distance to Fedex field. Very curious what that area would become. They built the entire surrounding neighborhoods and then-new townhomes centered around the stadium. Names and all. Touchdown drive, victory lane, etc

The area is being drastically developed but that’s a stadium is a huge hole to fill as evident that RFK has been wasting away for 20 years :francis:
You over by Morgan Blvd or Nalley Rd? Mannnn… Nalley Rd, Village Green, Palmer Park was hood AF, I’m sure it still is :lupe::mjlol:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Now that dc has developed a ton, RFK is in a perfect spot. It’s actually wild to think they made a stadium in the middle of that small city. But that’s bc it used to be hood. Now RFK is right on prime real estate.

Also flows perfectly into capital hill (whites), H street (black), pg (black), and even Union market (white). Has a metro.

For Landover, everything around that area has been built up. They’re a children’s hospital, there’s ‘Woodmore’ a new bougie young professional black area, new homes, etc.

The RFK site renderings that were revealed a few years ago by Events DC had options including a 65,000-seat NFL stadium, a 20,000-seat indoor arena, and a "no anchor" option.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

The area will be better without the stadium.

There used to be businesses up the way from the stadium that got basically killed.

I think PG/MD is waiting for them to move so they can develop that area.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The area will be better without the stadium.

There used to be businesses up the way from the stadium that but basically killed.

You might be right. The whites they wanna bring in don’t gaf about football.

And everything around the stadium is developing independent of it. Hampton park development across the street from the stadium, possibly FBI’s new HQ, then largo town center (which ironically Magic failed at before) they’re aiming to make it the ‘pike and rose’ of Pg county :mjpls:

rpaicarilloncoverhr.jpg

Their shyt in 4k them stadium renderings look so unprofessional in comparison :snoop:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Man I like the way bowser attempts to appeal to her constituents and tries to get them what they asked for

@FAH1223 Is she a lesbian tho?

She be pawging :skip:

@FAH1223 I still think they go to DC and turn FedEx into some souped up residential and commercial situation.

But I can see your argument tho. Aside from the no money thing, the traffic in DC would be pretty ugly on game day.

Imback

Banned
Daps

@FAH1223 I still think they go to DC and turn FedEx into some souped up residential and commercial situation.

But I can see your argument tho. Aside from the no money thing, the traffic in DC would be pretty ugly on game day.
If I’m voting for a black lesbian for a federal role. she definitely can’t be pawging. :francis:

Braman

Superstar
Daps

:pachaha:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Traffic to RFK would be wild. DC-295 isn’t built for it.

But the Stadium Armory Metro is there.

I think Virginia is a huge mistake if they opt for that.