Lord Jamar: Floyd Mayweather Only Seems Super Rich to Minorities

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Floyd is worth $400M that is wealthy.

He also has Mayweather Promotions and TMT that will continue to bring in revenue in the future.

Considering that there's only 536 billionaires in the US, even if you assume 2500 more folks between $400M and $1B, that puts him in the top .001% in the country.
Yeah, not exactly though, it's just he's worth an inordinate amount of money. Now, he COULD be wealthy that $400Ms and as a Black man I hope he is, but he could essentially spend all of that money frivolously over the next year and be back to square zero. And by the same point, one doesn't need anywhere near $400M to be wealthy... wealth has a lot more to do with what you do with your riches than it does with how much you have. If you're passing money down to your children and grandchildren to the point that they don't have to work and you're out here creating businesses, jobs, and opportunities for others, and the money you have is essentially protected from your own personal spending habits you're wealthy. Floyd should be, and I think/hope he is, wealthy.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Floyd isn't even a billionaire but stunts more than any of them
Floyd stunts because of how he got his money. By far the wealthiest BOXER in the history of the sport.

And Floyd has made more money for rich people than he's even earned... That's why they continue to fukk with him.

As far as being rich and famous he's on top than even most movie stars... And white people consider them wealthy don't they?

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin

Posing with a stack of money like it's a phone has become a growing trend in hip-hop today, and Lord Jamar spoke candidly to VladTV about how he wishes the trend would go away. Despite it being "some of the stupidest s***" Jamar has ever seen in his life, the Brand Nubian rapper pointed out that you'll never see a really rich person jumping on the trend. However, when DJ Vlad pointed out that Floyd Mayweather, who is worth hundreds of millions, is doing the money phone pose, Lord Jamar disputed that the boxer's millions are only impressive to minorities.

Earlier in the conversation Lord Jamar also spoke about Will Smith saying that there may be room for him in politics, which the East Coast rapper said could be a possibility. Jamar explained that Will could have been "picked" by higher powers in government to become president, which you can hear more about in the above clip.

Click to expand...​
The video title is a bit clickbait but its an interesting thought.

Hating or real talk?

Good lord...Lord Jamar threads are spreading to TLR now?:scust:

Keep this nikka and his bullshyt to The Booth:camby:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And nikkas talking about he could be broke in a year... Dude hasn't gone broke in 20 years. Them tax nikkas try to get at him but the try to get anyone with too much money.

And like it was mentioned, Floyd did it without any endorsements. He's created his own brand (that's poppin in the boxing world), own his own gym/businesses, and if shyt ever gets tough he can come back, win another fight with another guaranteed 50 mil. Dude is smart, posing with money is a part of the image he's created to make even more money... And not like a bumass rapper like meek mill

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's not about trying to downplay Floyd.
But if you're talking about real wealth...and the true power that comes with it...you probably have to look beyond a flashy athlete.
It comes off that way whether you realize that or not. Floyd does have real wealth though if not the power. You are anybody saying otherwise esp since I'm sure most of you saying don't even have a million sounding strange that's all. Also people just say Mayweather got money not all this power stuff so that's another reason it looks like you and others are trying to downplay Floyd or somebody in the similar position.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It comes off that way whether you realize that or not. Floyd does have real wealth though if not the power. You are anybody saying otherwise esp since I'm sure most of you saying don't even have a million sounding strange that's all. Also people just say Mayweather got money not all this power stuff so that's another reason it looks like you and others are trying to downplay Floyd or somebody in the similar position.
It's not downplaying if it's facts.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Only on the coli 400 Million dollars isn't wealthy... :snoop:

Floyd is one of the highest paid athletes in the world and thats not wealthy? CEO's of fortune 500 companies don't make the money he makes. I'm logging out. The coli DOT fukking com brehs

You got boys on here who live in the ghetto giving financial advice :mjlol: gtfo

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only to minorities:dahell:

Look, he aint tied to trustfunds, oil money, and war funding, but Floyd has legit generational wealth to capitalize on, and he isnt even 40 iirc. That money will only grow.

I hope people realize the "money mayweather" is a gimmick t keep his name buzzing. He is smart. That money will only grow, and his kids' kids' kids' will benefit.