Lord Jamar names rappers better than Eminem

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I mean most of the rappers I gravitate toward are people i'm impressed by. if I can't listen to you and be jealous like "Why can't I do THAT?" then I probably don't really fukk with you.

Even then, i'm not an Eminem fan just because of multi's. He's actually got some very well written songs and is underrated in that aspect especially for someone coming out of the "rippity rap" niche. It's one of the reasons why when people try and compare him to canibus or cats of his ilk they come off as uninformed to me.
he does have well-written songs. Thats why i cant take these dudes seriously. Aint too many rappers that can maintain a storyline with a high-level of lyricism and fancy wordplay. That takes talent. Its not everybody's cup of tea, but i enjoy it. Mattert of fact im in awe by it.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
it is because most rap fans today aren't knowledgeable about rap technqiues like what a multisyllable rhyme actually is.

if more people knew what it was the more people would like them but because most of these idiots don't know what it is they look down on the dudes who actually researched these techniques or rap and know what they are and look down on them as nerds in my opinion.
the best post ive ever seen by you. Im inclined to believe that.That the average listener isn't even knowledgable about "rap techniques". Like they're not "aware" of rhyme schemes and patterns and such. I actually call my self a "nerd" when it comes to lyricism. Im the type that will rewind 2 bars for 10mins in awe of the technique used. I love catching multis and patterns. I still catch stuff in old Em songs that i never caught before

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
the best post ive ever seen by you. Im inclined to believe that.That the average listener isn't even knowledgable about "rap techniques". Like they're not "aware" of rhyme schemes and patterns and such. I actually call my self a "nerd" when it comes to lyricism. Im the type that will rewind 2 bars for 10mins in awe of the technique used. I love catching multis and patterns. I still catch stuff in old Em songs that i never caught before

Nobody is obligated to have a PHD in rhyme schemes to enjoy music, that's why there are so many types of rap music and rappers to listen to. But people who actually rap, or analyze it probably look at Eminem a little differently than the average person.

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas

i don't mind being called a nerd or whatever i take the art seriously and if u call yourself a hip hop fan or whatever and u say u like lyrics but yet don't know what a multi is then i can't take u seriously.

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Nobody is obligated to have a PHD in rhyme schemes to enjoy music, that's why there are so many types of rap music and rappers to listen to. But people who actually rap, or analyze it probably look at Eminem a little differently than the average person.

i did not say anybody had to be just saying u can eminem is not skilled or anything like that when u don't know what compound rhyming is.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
i don't mind being called a nerd or whatever i take the art seriously and if u call yourself a hip hop fan or whatever and u say u like lyrics but yet don't know what a multi is then i can't take u seriously.
right, most of these dudes are more caught up in these rappers images and lifestyles. ELzhi and Phonte are 2 of my favorite rappers because of their RAPPING SKILLS and i hardly know anything about their personal lives. Im a fan because of their skills.