Lord Jamar names rappers better than Eminem

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Lol. I was just about to make this thread, Fresh. :salute: to Lord Jamar for once again keeping it real and making c00ns and Eminem worshipping whiteboys furious. Eminem the MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER. Without a doubt. Fvck all that rippity, rappity bullsh!t.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Except, everyone he named has already said Eminem is the king right now. Plus anecdotal red herrings like "that's the O.G" are irrelevant, he didn't ask if you respected Ice-T he asked if he's better lyrically. Redman has already said Eminem is insane lyrically, as has Ludacris. No one has ever went as hard as say; Till I collapse, or Criminal. I would've said Gambino at one time but he relies on quirky one-liners whos references are lost in time.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Except, everyone he named has already said Eminem is the king right now. Plus anecdotal red herrings like "that's the O.G" are irrelevant, he didn't ask if you respected Ice-T he asked if he's better lyrically. Redman has already said Eminem is insane lyrically, as has Ludacris. No one has ever went as hard as say; Till I collapse, or Criminal. I would've said Gambino at one time but he relies on quirky one-liners whos references are lost in time.

He didn't ask if Ice T was better lyrically, he just asked if Eminem was better than Ice T period.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Lol. I was just about to make this thread, Fresh. :salute: to Lord Jamar for once again keeping it real and making c00ns and Eminem worshipping whiteboys furious. Eminem the MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER. Without a doubt. Fvck all that rippity, rappity bullsh!t.

Or your ears are broke. Idgaf if the nikka was green, he raps his ass off

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Or your ears are broke. Idgaf if the nikka was green, he raps his ass off

I don't give a fvck about that "technical" bullsh!t. Eminem is NOT a better MC than most of the dudes that are usually brought up when GOAT lists are talked about. He's has a catalog of music that is 2/3 unlistenable, mediocre or corny and NO classics.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
U say a bunch of dudes are better then Em but in the end say hes better than u?:what:

He shytted on his whole argument.

By his own words i should look at Em as being more lyrical than he is.

I personaly felt lord jamar made a praiseworthy album (5% album) that Em could never make. Yet by his own words i should acknowledge Em as more lyrically superior.

I had to rewind that to make sure i heard correct.

He said all that just to say he's not feeling Em although acknowledging Em is lyrical.

I get were LJ is going about not 'feeling' Em but Vlad is the devil and he asked the right questions to make LJ look like He's rambling.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
U say a bunch of dudes are better then Em but in the end say hes better than u?:what:

He shytted on his whole argument.

By his own words i should look at Em as being more lyrical than he is.

I personaly felt lord jamar made a praiseworthy album (5% album) that Em could never make. Yet by his own words i should acknowledge Em as more lyrically superior.

I had to rewind that to make sure i heard correct.

He said all that just to say he's not feeling Em although acknowledging Em is lyrical.

He's rambling and its not a good look.

What's wrong with what he said? Just because he believes there's a bunch of rappers better than him doesn't necessarily mean he should believe that he's better. He was just keeping it real. Eminem is better than Jamar, and I'm a fan of the 5% album also, but he shouldn't be placed above MCs who have put out much better quality music consistently throughout their careers.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would make a list but it would take too long.

A few named off the top though...

KRS-One
2 Pac
Nas
K-Rino
Biggie
Big Pun
Scarface
Brother Ali
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Z-Ro
Chuck D
AZ
Guru
Common
Raekwon
Talib Kweli
Last Emperor
Chino XL
Rakim
Wise Intelligent
Pharohe Monch
Canibus
Vinnie Paz
Immortal Technique
Bizzy Bone
Fat Joe
Cormega
Kool Moe Dee
Prodigy
Havoc
Big L
LL Cool J
Slug
Queen Latifah
Tragedy Khadafi

And that's all I have time to name for now but a lot more.